“Best seafood around ”

Casa Roja Puerto del Carmen
Reserve with
Casa Roja Puerto del Carmen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: USD 2 - USD 28
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, View
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Since 1850 "Casa Roja" Traditional Spanish Restaurant right on the Sea overlooking the Harbour in the Old Town Puerto del Carmen. Specialiced in fresh fish and seafood
Reviewed 24 March 2017 via mobile

Not my first time here and when I saw that Fish of the Day was Grouper I had to go back in. Not many places do Grouper and it's absolutely lovely, done to perfection. Also got the Canarian Seafood Tapas which was delicious. The setting and the atmosphere it's just one of the best in Puerto Del Carmen.

1  Thank ThomasOldbury

Reviewed 20 March 2017

Having already visited a nearby fish restaurant in the old town harbour we saw Casa Roja and thought it looked worth a visit and we were glad we did. We were offered a table outside with patio heaters so although it was not a warm evening we were comfortable . Menu very good and although fish the speciality there is plenty for everyone. We both opted for the scallop starter as it sounded delicious and it was ! I opted for the fresh fish of the day grupper which was as meaty as a fillet steak and well cooked, just grilled with a little garlic. My wife has salmon which was also very good. The wine choice of a local el grifo dry white was excellent , at 22euro a bottle it is great value for such a nice wine and the fact we ended up having 2 bottles it pushed up the bill to almost 150euro which was still good value for such great food and wine. We were offered brandies on the house to finish but declined this nice gesture. All in all a great experience and hopefully one day will return.

1  Thank Andy S
Reviewed 17 March 2017 via mobile

Great service. The girls wanted cocktails so the staff just obtained the menu from the bar next door and delivered them to our table without complaint. Whilst it's a fish speciality resturant I went for the beef medallions - they were the best I had in a year. The location of the resturant at the habour side is also worth a visit. My only warning - with the location come the mozzies. The first and only time I've been bitten this week so put on the repellent.

1  Thank Andy L
Reviewed 14 March 2017

We have eaten at several restaurants in the Old Town Harbour area and like this one most are OK but nothing really exceptional.... I know a few back up the hill come highly recommended but we haven't got that far yet! It is a nice location and attractive property. I had a lunch of a 'seafood spaghetti' (not sure what it was exactly called on the menu) which was tasty and actually too much for lunch! Staff were attentive and efficient and the bill was reasonable.... It's what goes on under the boardwalk that is fascinating! Nope, not the hundreds of fish as you see in many ports but the 'feral' cats living side-by-side with the ducks....

2  Thank BigBadBobbieBrown
Reviewed 9 March 2017

Yet again good food most restaurants in Lanzarote are good as there's a lot of competition. This didn't disappoint . Overlooking harbour what's not too like.