“Amazing tapas, especially the cow ham!”

La Carmencita del Puerto
Price range: USD 3 - USD 29
Description: What is “going to tapas”? “Going to tapas” has nothing to do with the size of your dish, it has to do with what is in your dish and how you eat it. “Going to tapas” means sharing; slow food; not eating everything at the same time and having different drinks depending on what is your tapa… …And that is what we are offering, the ultimate tapas experience… You will discover the real Spanish way of eating, new wines from the island and the peninsula and different tastes of food that you will never get at home...and do not forget, now you are entering a Spanish way of life, we want you to laugh, talk loud and have a lot of fun…with your shirt on!!! WELCOME!!!
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We reserved a table which we were glad we did due to the restaurant being full when we arrived! We chose six dishes all were delicious however the cow ham stood out as exceptional. We drank wine and sangria and has one of each deserts which were both amazing, the honey desert was my favourite. The staff made the whole experience great with their happy positive attitude. A must try in Puerto Del Carmen!

1  Thank SamanthaMcN

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

What a wonderful evening spent here. Delightful staff, delicious food and an ambient atmosphere. We will return!! Post Script: best meatballs ever!!

1  Thank the_bags_are_packed
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We always visit this. Restaurant and have had so many enjoyable meals,introducing numerous friends who have found the food ,wine and atmosphere fantastic.I have written previous reviews and just thought it worth commenting that they have continued to maintain all standards which cannot be easy to achieve.

1  Thank Andrew F
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Wow what Can I say about this place, I read the reviews but went with an open mind and me and my friend were absolutely blown away with the food and the service. All the tables were reserved when we arrived but the female owner welcomed us and explained we would have 2 hours, but this was perfect for us. I would highly advise booking if you do decide to go! The service we received was extremely personal and unlike anything we had received before. I explained I was veggie and my friend ate meat and lots of recommendations came up! All the staff were friendly and it really made the meal amazing. We had the rose to drink and wooooow it was incredible. The food was hot, well presented and delicious. The ambiance of the restaurant is amazing too, it’s quite small but you feel very much at home with fair lights and blankets for when it gets chilly. Me and my friend were messaging family back in England saying how incredible it was! I would highly recommend La Carmencita del Puerto❤️

1  Thank meganlgrundy
Reviewed 15 May 2018 via mobile

Well we followed the amazing reviews and I can honestly say that we were not disappointed, at all!! What a lovely, delicious and wonderful experience, couldn't fault anything..
In short the restaurant is pretty, intimate, clean and cute..
The food is delicious and leaves you feeling nicely full, with a varied, different menu.. We had the meatballs, lamb sirloin and chorizo.. Followed by a brownie and a revelation that was almond cream, mmmmm..
And the staff bring it all together with their warm welcome and goodbyes, their unwavering knowledge of the food and drinks and the promise that you are there for an experience to enjoy, and anything you don't like will be changed for something more to your liking..
We are here for another 6 nights but will be trying to squeeze in 2 more visits before we leave.. Definitely book as even though it was a Monday night in May, they had to turn away at least 3 couples as the place was full..
Thanks again ladies, and see you again soon!

1  Thank pinkkate7