1,247 results
All reviews blue grotto tsogo sun canopy tour kids entertainment horse riding the ground floor whole family hiking trails self catering family holiday heated pool trout all ages zip lining time share long weekend beautiful scenery
Reviewed 4 April 2018

Dear friend of mine traveling there recently reported this. "I wanted to hike today. It’s an easy hike, about 2 1/2 hours return and not particularly steep. The trailhead is actually at Drakensberg Sun Resort. I went to sign in for the hike and the guy at the desk said “are you hiking alone?” “Yes I am.” “That is not advisable,” he curtly said. “Why not?” “Because it is not advisable.” (Great reasoning, bro). “Okay, well I’ll just get started and if I feel uncomfortable I’ll turn back around. Plus, it looks like there have been 10 different people who started this hike in the past half hour alone. I should be okay.” “No, I cannot let you go. You are not allowed to hike alone.” “Okay, well why is the guy who signed in before me registered as a group of one?” “I cannot let you go.”

That is terrible. To be clear, women do not avoid traveling alone because of murderers and rapists. If we avoid it (which I and my friend do not), we do so because of machismo staff like this guy. Be better.

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Roger P, General Manager at Drakensberg Sun Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

Dear Guest

I really do regret that this has been taken out of context. We advise all our guests not to hike on their own for their own safety and for no other reason. It is certainly not directed at single female travellers. If it has come across in this way or for any other reason I really do apologise.
I trust us you enjoyed your hike and we look forward to seeing you back here again.

Reviewed 3 April 2018

From the moment we walked in, we received really good service. The food was good, the facilities were good, the room was clean and comfortable, but the service was outstanding. Great for families, couples - long or short stay. Not our first trip to this hotel, but we would certainly like to come back again.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Tsogo Sun Hotels

Until we meet again,

Reviewed 1 April 2018

After our first stay @ this resort & being greeted & checked in by the front office manager Mr ROBERT PRINGLE,we felt very welcomed & was always treated like royalty.We have decided to cancel all our other holiday venues as we holiday often & only to 4 & 5 star hotels where we always book into the PRESIDENTIAL SUITE.Had it not been for ROBERT i don't think we would stay at this resort on a monthly basis,he makes sure we are well taken care off & goes way above & beyond his duties to make our stay comfortable.This gem of a hotel has become our home away from home.The food is always delicious with a wide variety to cater for anybody's needs.The hotel itself is always neat & welcoming,the staff is always eager to please the guests & make your stay an enjoyable one.The gardens & scenery is breath taking.This resort is a must for anybody who needs a break or holiday.Always ask to speak to ROBERT when you arrive to check in cos i know for sure he will make your stay one to cherish & remember.

Room tip: Presidential suite
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank DENO1625

It was a real pleasure having you back on the Resort with us recently and I am very appreciative of your comments and your loyalty following your stay.
Your feedback will be shared with the staff and management.
Thank you and we look forward to seeing you back here again soon.

Until we meet again,

Reviewed 26 March 2018

Staff at receptino not very welcoming. Brrath-taking views of the moutains, a hike is a must. Good quality food at breakfast and dinner but felt there could have been a little more variety. We had 1 kid so booked a standard Premium room with 2 double beds but the size of the room is the same as a standard room so having 2 doubel beds makes space very limited. Rather book a standard room (which is cheaper) that has a king size bed and a couch. Pilliows were way too soft. Bathrooms are a bit of a squeeze, could be a little bigger. Rooms were cleaned very nicely everyday and the room service was very effecient.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Tsogo Sun Hotels

It was a real pleasure having you on the Resort with us recently and I am very appreciative of the comments following your stay. Your feedback will be shared with the staff and management. Thank you and we look forward to seeing you back here again soon. Until we meet again, Best regards Roger

Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

Me and my husband stayed for almost a week in the self catering chalets. I want to say thank you to the management and every person involved to look after this beautiful resort. Just come apart and rest a while.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Roger P, General Manager at Drakensberg Sun Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2018