Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in great prices from these sites
USD 130
Orbitz.comUSD 150
CheapTicketsUSD 150
eDreamsUSD 130
1,071 results
All reviews beach boys kids club pizza garden main pool beach front buffet style amazing holiday pool staff indian ocean kenyan coast waiters activities sea pizzeria weavers mombasa walks
Selected filters
Reviewed 25 February 2021 via mobile

This is a very family friendly hotel, with friendly service, an excellent overall value.

Beach: 5/5 stunning white sand beach, comfortable direct access

Rooms: 3.5/5 The rooms are small and very basic. The ocean rooms have a nice view but most rooms are average in view and amenities. They would benefit from an upgrade ND.maybe even merging two rooms into one.

Food: 3/5 The food was limited in choice and of moderate quality. We stayed for a week during Covid times with few tourists so some of the restaurants, especially the popular Weaver pizzeria were closed and the buffet was very limited due to small number of customers. I assume this improves with more people present. The drinks are average, nothing exciting.

Kid-friendly: 5/5 Ramps for strollers, friendly staff, kids pool, kids menu items, a shop with anything you need from baby to teenager, a kids club and shaded aground and easy beach access. The biggest selling point of this otherwise dated resort.

Overall 4/5: A good option when traveling with kids and when you want good value for money Not recommended for someone looking for quality seafood or a modern hotel.

We may stay again but are likely yo try out another hotel in Watamu. Management should invest in a full renovation of the property.

Date of stay: February 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 29 January 2021 via mobile

Stayed here for 3 nights with my friend for their birthday and it was definitely not what we expected.
I will start with the positive thing. They're service is good. The servers are always around and willing to help.
On to the real issues, the rooms are smaller than expected. We were then moved to a beachfront room which I thought would be bigger and better but it was just the same room in front of the beach, no major difference. There are small ants/insects running around almost every surface. The floors were also not clean since after just walking barefoot for a few seconds, my feet were dirty. The AC was also barely functional and we barely had enough shower gel for the both of us. We also had to call the reception more than once that first day to get more water since the 2 bottles provided were barely enough for one person.

The food was average at best with very little variety. We were barely ever satisfied after a meal. Breakfast was especially underwhelming. On the second night, we both experienced stomach upsets after eating food only from the hotel.

Date of stay: January 2021
Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank stephaniewK5392JH
Reviewed 29 December 2020

Should have known from the arrival experience and the allocated room not being available that it would be an interesting break, never mind all was not lost it was hot and there was a great clean beach. I was allocated a sea facing beach room, the only thing that I can say positive about the room was the awesome sea view and it was clean. The lock on the patio door was broken making it almost impossible to open, being on the ground floor the balcony was open on both sides so other guests used it as a walkway, there was only one black out curtain making it impossible to have a sleep in, there was no shower gel in the bathroom just one tiny bar of Lux soap, no bath towels provided on arrival had to call down, the door lock every time you opened you had to wiggle the key for several minutes as the lock or key was faulty.

I was very surprised by the service on offer from the drinks waiters and sun bed attendants throughout the day and evening they would check and make sure you were well hydrated there friendliness and efficient service is why I rated my stay so highly they should all be commended for there great work.

The buffets were at best interesting, if anything ran out there was no forward planning on replenishment it was just not available any more.

Would I go back yes, as the price point and the relaxation was on point I wouldn't rate any higher than a 3 star hotel that has very tired rooms in need of some TLC

Date of stay: December 2020
1  Thank TheTallGuy1001
Reviewed 16 December 2020

My second visit in a period of 3 months and Craving for more and more... The hotel follows strict rules and regulations of Covid-19 prevention.. Location is in heart of watamu.. The staff and services are top class and always available. Food had ample variety served in international buffet standard during breakfast, lunch and dinner with plenty of delicacy. Snacks Available after buffet all day long.. Drinks and beverage were mind blowing they showed high standards here with many cocktail variety served with smile All in all the All inclusive is the best. . My kids had the best time... Thanks Mr. Japhet from reservation for making our stay comfortable... I Will always recommend this hotel anytime, its Marvellous..

Date of stay: December 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 27 September 2020 via mobile

I will recommend everyone ...a home away from welcome...looking forward for a next visit.....excellent service,customer care,cleanliness,variety of food and perfect for family vacations too...

Date of stay: September 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple