2 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in great prices from these sites
USD 218
eDreamsUSD 218
Agoda.comUSD 218
TripadvisorUSD 218
Hotels.com
Travelocity
All reviews plunge pool the penthouse beach bar fully equipped kitchen great facilities family vacation seafood food was amazing deep sea fishing kids club indian ocean spa pools coast alice chef units
Selected filters
Reviewed 15 August 2017

I visited Medina Palms with a group of friends in early July. This was my first time visiting Kenya and I had no idea what to expect. I was absolutely blown away by the natural beauty of the Watamu coastline and the amazing staff at Medina made me feel immediately relaxed! We stayed in one of the villas only a stones throw from the beach and, more importantly, the beach bar. This really was the best of both worlds, offering privacy perfect for families and big groups but with all the amenities of the hotel close at hand. The villa was bright and spacious throughout; modern but with local and traditional touches.
The hotel staff were friendly and personable! They catered to all of our needs and nothing was ever too much to ask. Anytime we sat down we were always promptly approached with food/ drinks menus, towels etc. More than that, the hotel comes with a personal trainer in their fully kitted out gym and a water sports instructor! I’m usually not the most sporty person but their instructor really put me at ease and the afternoon we had kite surfing was a real highlight of the trip. I was also able to try out some of the spa treatments. The full body massage was incredibly relaxing and the nail treatments they offered were so fantastic I kept on returning to have them done again!
As the most important part of any holiday, the food and drinks at the Amandina restaurant made the trip! The food was absolutely first class and with such an extensive menu there was something for everyone. I would highly recommend the Zanzibar soup, seared tuna and the East Coast cooler cocktail. Oyster night is also a must!
The hotel were also so helpful at advising and booking for us excursions in the local area- the Gede ruins, private sunset boat trip on nearby Mida Creek, a turtle sanctuary, snake farm and an unbelievable safari in Tsavo East.
This trip was an absolute dream and I can’t wait to stay again!

3  Thank broderickmeabh
Eric O, Manager at Medina Palms, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2017

Dear Broderick,

Medina Palms staff are happy that we made your first trip to the Kenyan Coast memorable and relaxing. We are glad you enjoyed the award winning services offered by our friendly hotel staff as you explored new experiences from the freshly prepared meal to water sports. Very few destinations allow you to be by the beach for breakfast and on a game drive by lunch time and we are glad we made this dream come true. We hope to be of service again soon!

Reviewed 10 August 2017

The staff were very friendly and ready to help and serve.
The food was always very fresh and well done.
The rooms were very clean.
The property is beautiful and well maintained.
Would definitely consider returning.

1  Thank JackeeJ

Dear Jack,

Our staff are encouraged to provide exemplary services to ensure our clients relax and unwind. As you enjoy the comfort and spaciousness of our contemporary Swahili living spaces that combine a modern finish and infinity pools, you can also delight in freshly prepared dishes in the comfort and bliss of our evergreen gardens. Thank you for your kind words and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 9 August 2017

I visited Medina Palms in July with some friends and was blown away by the hotel's landscape, and most especially the villa we were staying in. The villa had beautiful views of the beach, which we backed on to, and of the rest of Medina Palms' stunning grounds. We were a group of 6, and the villa was of the perfect size, ensuring that we all had our own space, with large bedrooms, and spacious communal areas - all tastefully decorated.

The service was outstanding. All of the bar and waiting staff were friendly, professional, and highly competent - especially Pascal, Victor and Sophia, who served us most days. We also had some spa treatments, which were of a very high standard, in the relaxing Sakina Ocean Spa. Once again, the staff were excellent, having mastered the relaxing ambience needed in a spa. Housekeeping were also very good.

The food was certainly a highlight. The Amandina restaurant catered to a wide range of tastes. We were also able to switch up where we could eat on some nights, rather than just in the main restaurant. The hotel staff catered to our needs perfectly, serving us by the poolside, in the covered coffee garden, and even on the roof of our villa (a night which came with its own cocktail bar!).

Medina Palms staff were also very helpful when we wanted to plan excursions. As a result we were able to visit lots of local sites in Watamu, such as the Gede ruins, a turtle sanctuary, a snake farm, as well as a local restaurant called 'Crab Shack' on Mida Creek, which is not to be missed. On our final 2 days, with the help of the hotel, we went on a spectacular 2 day safari trip to Tsavo East National Park.

This was the perfect holiday, and I can't wait to come again!

2  Thank rebeccav543

Dear Rebecca,

Thank you for you raving review. We at Medina Palms pride ourselves in offering award winning personalised services that carter to the individual needs of our clients. Our meals and cocktails are prepared from scratch by our highly trained chefs and bar men to ensure that you savour all the flavours our tropical paradise has to offer. The calmness elicited by the cool Indian Ocean breeze you enjoyed in the Villa is a relaxing breath of fresh air that we hope will have you visit us again in the near future.

Reviewed 6 August 2017 via mobile

I went to the medina spa for a wax. I was very disappointed. I ended up having to show the beautician the correct way to wax because it was very uncomfortable and was breaking my hair. However they did offer me a different free beauty treatment with them to make up for it which I thought was good although I would rather not go back there after my uncomfortable experience .

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank tessandersen
Reviewed 5 August 2017

This was my first time to visit Watamu and first time to Medina Palms. I was thoroughly impressed by the facilities and extremely hospitable staff. Had great food, fantastic weather and an awesome spa session as well! Stayed three nights in number 45.I will definitely go again.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Peter A

Dear Peter,

Our rooftop Spa is perfectly positioned to ensure you enjoy the cool Indian Ocean breeze as you rejuvenate your body to one of our many organic inspired treatments. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for the positive review. We would like to have you stay with us for more than 3 days next time and explore all that Medina Palms and Watamu have to offer. See you soon!