All reviewslocation is idealstandard room isveranda overlookingcomfortable place to staylounge chairsthree nightsbeach housebeautiful propertybeautiful northwestflamingoslagoonroomybeachesislandwillemstadwestpuntcuracao
Reviewed 9 March 2018

The first moment I saw the house, I was already in love! The house itself is very beautiful and the view from the terrace is terrific! The room we stayed in, upstairs, was also very beautiful. It looked exactly like the pictures, or maybe even better. The room had a lot of space. The wooden white-colored floor and roof gives you the feeling of a beach house. Everything was clean and nicely furnished. The thing I probably loved the most was that there was so much light in the room; there are many windows (from which you have a beautiful view). The only downside was the bed, which was too hard for me and my boyfriend. All the staff members were friendly and helpful. It was nice that in the end, we were allowed to use a shower (in another room) after a day at the beach, prior to our late flight. The house is a 10 to 15 minute ride to the most beautiful beaches of the island as well as to the Christoffelpark. There are only a few restaurants nearby, but the restaurant at the house offers delicious meals.
I highly recommend this place!

Room Tip: The rooms upstairs are the most beautiful, the rooms downstairs look a bit older
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank HannekeLeonie
Reviewed 23 February 2018

This is the second time I have eaten here. We went with friends last year and I came away feeling less then happy with the food and service. However our friends seemed to like it so I kept my feelings to myself. I am a professional chef so at time I feel I'm a little more critical than your average diner. I do feel if I'm paying for a meal that I have the right to evaluate and critique.
We went again this year with a different set of friends. The ambiance is wonderful. It looks out over a lagoon on the western side of the island. For starters I have a red beet soup. It was the best part of the meal. My daughter had the green gazpacho soup. It was excellent as well. Our friends split an appetizer of Tuna 3 ways. They also enjoyed their starter.

Then things started to slip away. I asked the waitress what their most popular dish was. She looked at me a little funny so I asked her what dish served at the restaurant would people rave about. She told me the red snapper. When questioned how it was prepared she said it was served whole with a brown sauce. Brown sauce? Brown sauce (obviously a secret chef sauce!) My wife had the salmon with a creamy lime sauce.
My snapper came whole as advertised, but without the mysterious brown sauce. \instead there was a bowl of marinated red onions as the accompaniment as well as polenta. The snapper was hard to eat. I should have known better that to order it because you have to filet it and it was a tad undercooked so the flesh did not come away easily from the bones. In addition there were a number of pin bones you had to watch out for while eating, something that takes away from the pleasure of eating. The polenta was flavourless and the sauce portion was too small. It was a fail.

My wife was happy with her salmon but she also would have liked more sauce with her meal. In addition to the gazpacho, my daughter ordered two additional starters - the house salad and the beef carpaccio. The carpaccio had no flavour - in her words "the worst I have ever had". She didn't eat it. The salad was not to her liking.

Our server was nice but young and inexperienced. She could have tried a little harder to explain the dishes and she could have had better attention to our table during our meal. We asked her a few things which never appeared.

Anyway, our expectations were not met for the evening. I had expected more based on the reviews. It is a beautiful property but the food and service was really average . I probably will not go back.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 January 2018

The Landhuis Klein Santa Marta is a charming, attractive and comfortable place to stay, with spectacular views of the Santa Martha Bay and its surrounding countryside with a couple of friendly and hospitable owners. The standard room is a bit small but living out almost all the time this does not have a particular relevance. Overall, the staff is ready to satisfy every request. Breakfast from the terrace is priceless. Although the hotel is located in Soto, about 30 km from Willemstadt, the location is ideal for exploring the beautiful northwest coast of the island.

Stayed: January 2018
1  Thank Ennio C
Reviewed 19 November 2017 via mobile

We got to visit here on a trip to Aruba 7 days and 3 in Curacao It was so beautiful in the old land house. There's a wonderful staff that takes care of this property Riley sun is the bartender and the food from the chef is Gourmet. if you are lucky enough to get into here on vacation you will never forget this place and you will probably come back. We even got a painting from a local artist that hung on the wall. I just could not have imagined how wonderful the time spent in the lanshuis would be. if you're lucky enough to get a room on the top floor you will thoroughly enjoy it.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Suzee B
Reviewed 4 September 2017

My partner and I traveled to this unknown island (to us) from the US mainland and arrived in the middle of the night (very, very dark) not knowing what to expect. We were warmly greeted and shown to our room, we were still a bit in the dark.
We awoke to wonderful trade winds passing thru our room, views of a vast vista with flamingos feeding in the distance. This was the beginning of a magical vacation at Landhuis Klein Santa Martha. The hosts were gracious as were the wait staff. The room was beautiful,old fashion Dutch shutters, high ceilings, and windows on booth sides allowing the trade winds to pass thru while refreshing us daily. We snorkeled daily at many sights, toured the county side watching flamingos and participated in local Sunday festivities. We spent one day at Willemstad which was terrific, but felt like we were on vacation back in Soto, on the other side of the island where our hotel was. The food at Restautant Blenchi was fabulous. We had breakfast on the veranda overlooking the vista, and dinner under the stars, eating wonderfully prepared local fare.
The entire stay was A+ terrific! Our hope is to one day return and do it again-a truly magical experience.

Stayed: May 2017