“Great food and service”

Ranked #1 of 21 Restaurants in Eganville
Price range: USD 8 - USD 15
Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Family restaurant specializing in Schnitzels and Canadian cuisine. Hours 7 days/week 11:00 to 20:00.
Reviewed 29 September 2017

Had a great sever who did very well considering he was alone with a surprise influx of customers. The food was excellent, nicely spiced, great portions and hot. I would highly recommend as a go to place to eat in Eganville.

Reviewed 9 September 2017

My wife and I stopped in at the Granary for lunch during a recent visit to Eganville. We are vacationing in Canada for the week, and have toured a number of picturesque towns and other areas.

We were greeted courteously at the Granary and seated at a window table with a nice view.

The menu was extensive, including schnitzel (apparently their specialty) and crepes for dessert, but we opted to try their house made bratwurst served on a hard roll with sauerkraut, mustard and French fries.

The bratwurst was tasty - seasoned just right, and tender. Our waiter provided excellent and courteous service, and we thought the prices were very reasonable. This restaurant is a hidden jewel in the small town of Eganville, and we recommend it highly.

1  Thank ZeroTTZero
Reviewed 7 September 2017

I, along with my friends, always make a point to stop at the Granary on our way back to Ottawa from island camping at Lake Clear. Lunch at the Granary is a highlight of these expeditions, which usually take place several times every summer. The schnitzel is amazing, and the portions quite generous. The whipped potatoes are also delicious. I'll be in the area again this weekend, and am looking forward to another visit!

Reviewed 3 September 2017

My husband and I were going through Eganville on a Tuesday. We chose the Granary for supper and were not disappointed. We arrived close to 6 pm and it was not too busy then but by 6:30 there were quite a few patrons so we would advise getting there before 6 pm to have more seating options. Our service was prompt and the waitresses were quite friendly. We shared the Rouladen which was excellent and the generous portion fed us both nicely. Sometimes I find that restaurant gravy can be too salty but the gravy with our meal was perfect. We had a side order of garlic toast which was good also. For dessert we shared the Crepe Denmark which was sinfully good and filled the plate (photo included). It was easily big enough for 3 or even 4 people to share. It would appear that the artwork changes as while we were there the paintings depicted lovely scenes of nature including forests and lakes. Note that the menu link on Trip Advisor does not provide current information. Some of the appetizers are no longer offered but there is still plenty of choice and prices have changed increased a little. The website for the restaurant does not include a detailed menu. Nevertheless prices were reasonable based on the generous portions and the quality of the food. We would not hesitate to return when we are next in the area. The shared rouladen, dessert, garlic bread and one coffee came to $40 before the tip.

Reviewed 19 August 2017

My wife and I eat here at least once a year when we come to town from our cottage for golf or groceries. It is a schnitzel restaurant so if you like schnitzel, it's for you The food is quite good and reasonably priced. The art work inside gives it quite a bit of charm.