See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 20 April 2017

Hotels near the Etna Volcano and in a quiet area.
Good welcome, helpful staff but a little bear
Discreet food. We were here for a football tournament, There was a bit of confusione Breakfast a little poor,

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 August 2016

place clean and nice, cuisine not very special, monotonous. Good place for people who don't want to have any entertainment, quiet and not to far from from city center. ( around 20 minutes on foot). Bed and breakfast for short stay. Plus for swimming pool.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 February 2016

Don't even know if I should be doing this review considering we didn't even stay there, it was that unacceptable. I'm actually shocked that this place has any positive reviews, obviously different people have different levels of what is acceptable.

We turned up, it looked like a ghost town, we weren't even sure it was open. We walked around and eventually found the entry which wasn't obvious. The outside is poorly maintained and honestly looked like the place had been abandoned years ago.

Staff were not welcoming. Only the son spoke English and he was as helpful as he could manage. Nobody took or offered to take our bags up.

We went up to the room which was dark and dingy. The decor was outdated, the pillows were flat and looked about as old as the building. We sat on the bed and almost fell through the middle as it was two beds not that well put together.

We thought the wellness spa would be a redeeming feature, but no, we were told it was closed until tomorrow which we were quite sceptical about.

We sat and contemplated our options, and our options didn't include staying there.

We went down stairs and told the staff we would not be staying and our reasons why. They didn't really care or try to rectify it. A couple of positives, they didn't question a refund and they have free wifi. I honestly think they were happy for us to leave.

The four star rating is obviously a self rated opinion, I wouldn't even give it two.

Room Tip: Budget, don't expect 4 stars
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 November 2015

If you want to get eaten by bed bugs, this is the place for you. This hotel is very old and creepy. Not only that. I was eaten alive by bed bugs at my two night stay. The first night, my roommate said that she was itching and getting bitten, and I was fine. We requested to move rooms and when I awoke the next morning, there were bites all over me. I itched for about a month after my stay. Not only that, there was a pair of worn, used panties hanging on our balcony . I would not suggest this hotel to anyone!!!!!

Stayed: July 2015
Reviewed 3 October 2015 via mobile

His hotel in the town of nicolosi is remote however in the evenings it is just a short walk away from the town's bars and restaurants. It is located at 1/4 way uphill to mt etna. Very clean room and a quite regular Sicilian hotel experience. A little bit on the pricey side but if etna is your thing then it gets worth the cost

Stayed: December 2014, travelled as a couple