See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 28 April 2018 via mobile

We have never been in such a dive as this hotel! We should have heeded the warnings of other reviewers!! We know it's only for sleeping in but OMG!!! My husband is disabled and there is no lift! The welcome we got was a sort of Spanish grunt and a shrug of the shoulders! He pointed upwards so we assumed our room was 'up there'!!!Talk about roadkill.....its seriously that run down you wouldn't believe it! Oh yes, the sheets and towels are clean and that's all I can say about that!!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 January 2018

We booked two rooms for six nights. The rooms we were allocated were scruffy and in need of maintenance. One room smelt overpoweringly of air fresher. The shower was hanging off the wall with a flimsy shower curtain that looked too short.I was told by the management that this was the fault of the customers! There was no heating in the room, although the management did provide this when asked. The towels looked as if they had not be washed. When I asked for replacements, this was refused. We didn't bother to unpack. One hour later we walked out and booked in to the Hostal Carlos II round the corner, which I can thoroughly recommend. Also be aware that this hotel has steps up to the foyer and the ancient lift only goes to half landings, so you have to use stairs.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere!
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 October 2017 via mobile

I stayed here with a friend for 3 nights while visiting Gibraltar.
We were provided with clean towels and the shower had hot water apart from early in the morning when it was cold.
The view from our room wasn't upto much looking onto a roof and brick walls, but we hadn't chosen for this reason, its basic and cheap but clean enough.
We didn't spend much time in the hotel anyway so suited our needs, the staff were also pleasant enough.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 October 2017

Nice, simple, basic room with bath/shower. A few things needed fixing but understandable after a long season and no problem. Staff were friendly and very helpful. Housekeeper lovely and kept me supplied with towels and loo roll, for cold! Quiet back room, overlooking residential flats, #202. Lift to mezzanine floors between. Location is superb, 5m walk to Frontier, plenty of very fine restaurants just around the corner. Excellent WiFi.

Room Tip: #202, end of cooridor, back room, twin.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Calum D
Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

As other reviewers have said, not even worth one star. The room I stayed in was generally very poor and nothing like the photos of the room advertised when booking online. All in all was pleased when it got to 6 AM so I could leave!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo