Hotels.com
Official Hotel
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
eDreams
All reviews sea view private beach swimming pool resort spa get away breakfast buffet special thanks no alcohol al murjan f b duty manager family hotel amazing hotel jet ski pizza hut front office mountains
Selected filters
Reviewed 19 May 2013

I booked this hotel basically as I needed accommodation for a two day dive trip and the hotels near the dive center around Al Aqah were fully booked.

I stayed here before many years ago when Divers Down used to operate from the "old" Oceanic.

Basic structure is still the same from what I recall, however there is still a lot of work going on at the northern side. We had a room facing the mountain, which was fine, the hallway carpet is new and you can feel yourself sinking into it as you walk.

I had booked online for twin beds but they had a room with one double, which was changed without any issue.

Breakfast was good, and we filled up well for a second day of diving at Divers Down (Miramar Hotel) a good 20 minute drive away.

Not sure when there will be a dive operator here, however I hope they allow Divers Down to return as this is surely the most professional dive center operating around the east coast.

Date of stay: May 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 April 2013

I was one of the first guest who stayed in this resort on their opening last week. Very happy with the service, very nice resort, good service and friendly staff. I like the pool side. You should not miss this area as it is the only hotel in Khorfakkan. I will definitely coming back to this place. Good place to relax and unwind after a busy week.

Room tip: just 1 and a half hour drive by car from Dubai
Date of stay: April 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank AngelnetworkDubai
Reviewed 25 September 2011

We stayed one night at Oceanic hotel and had a wondeful time!
Khor Fakkan is a good driving distance from abu dhabi and dubai without the headache of immigration to get to oman. It still has the same cool ocean though and kess huidity than the rest of the uae in summer! And its very clear and full of fish.
The rooms at the Oceanic are v daggy. Pink in colour prob from the 70s, however the view form the rooms is great as the breakfast in the rooftop restaurant. Best breakfast in the UAE and I have stayed at MANY 5 and 6 star hotels accros the EMirate.
We hired the windsurfer for the day and did some snorkling from the beach, There was also great restaurants on the beach in Khor Fakkan where we had dinner and a daggy market down the road.
all in all, if youre looking for an adventure and you aren't too up yourself, you will have a wonderful and happy getaway with a lot of bang for your buck!.

Date of stay: July 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank maraikavw
Reviewed 18 August 2011

We stayed in the Oceanic Hotel as they were offering a discounted rate of AED 300 per room. We had take a room on triple sharing basis and the rooms were quite good. The swimming pool was also very good. The best part is the speed boat ride they organise for Snorkeling I think they charge AED 125 for pickup and drop. They drop you on the island and come back and pick you up after 1 hour. I would suggest people buy their own snorkeling gear which is available at Al Safir Mall for AED 30 as the rental charges are AED 40. For people who are not fond of snorkeling you could take a boat ride for 45min at the cost AED 75 for the full boat. You can also hire a jet ski at the beach for the sporting enthusiasts.

Room tip: The sea facing rooms are the best but come at a premium
Date of stay: November 2010
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 13 August 2011

Not so bad hotel but the rooms are not luxurious. The scene there is very nice. The stuff are not so friendly. The food is very good. A day-use is enough or a couple of hours at the cafe / main restaurant.

Date of stay: November 2010