“Always the Place to Come Back and Eat Good Food”
Review of TGI Fridays

TGI Fridays
Ranked #673 of 2,104 Restaurants in Penang Island
Reviewed 5 January 2018

If TGI Fridays, there's gotta be good food to eat. Glad to have it in Penang, there's one here and one in Queensbay Mall. I have tried the food and both places have quite decent taste especially for the steak and salad. Ambience is great though I will prefer that there are more TVs to watch different shows/sports. Service is good based on my experience and just have to have patience if the place is packed.

Reviewed 3 February 2017

The location of this place is very nice. Great place for relaxing.

We throroghly enjoy the food at this place. It's not overpriced (though the drinks seem a bit steep...), and it is very tasty. Love their burgers and the brownie for desert.

But, where is the wait staff? Basically they are very friendly and helpful, but only after they notice you. Which may take a while. A long while. Somebody needs to train them to constantly keep an eye open for the customers at their tables. For me, that's the only thing that keeps this place from getting 5 stars.

Reviewed 28 March 2016

I visited this restaurant while in Penang on a break from Aceh. I was so glad to eat Western food that tastes like it should! The service at this restaurant was quick, the servers were attentive and the food was good and I enjoyed my fresh-tasting orange juice immensely. I didn't give it 5 because the burger wasn't great or memorable and I know that I enjoyed it extra while I was eating it just because I was comparing it while I ate to the gross burgers I had tried in the previous weeks. Still, standing on its own, this restaurant is welcoming, comfortable and has great service. I would return to it if I was staying longer in Penang.

Reviewed 4 September 2015 via mobile

We visited for lunch at gurney paragon shopping centre and the food was really well cooked, it was what you would expect from TGI Fridays. We ordered potato skins, a Friday's burger, Mac and cheese with chicken, desert and a few cocktails.
The staff were friendly and provided good service they only thing was the free wifi wasn't working but we had a nice time whilst on holiday in Malaysia from Melbourne

Reviewed 22 August 2015 via mobile

TGI Fridays in Gurney Paragon, Penang is my favorite Western restaurant to eat at when I go there. the staff are so friendly and attentive with good English and the food is to die for. Always cooked to the same perfection each time, I have no complaints. The restaurant itself is in a great position in the mall with outside dining also and is very clean and tidy.