“very rude seller”

Ayer Itam Penang Assam Laksa
Ranked #60 of 2,002 Restaurants in Penang Island
Cuisines: Malaysian
Reviewed 6 April 2018

my first time there, bcoz i just ate the curry sisters nooodle, so i only order 1 bowl of laksa to share with my partner. i asked politely for and xtra chopstick before i grab the chopstick that located just behind me. but the uncle shouted at me loudly with angry face and tell me next time not to touch chopstick and just asked. i just dont get it. why you shouted your customer for a chopstick? i really lost my appetite because of this, very rude and i will never come back again although i think the soup was good.

Reviewed 1 April 2018

Ayer Itam Penang Assam Laksa was on our top list of MUST EAT for our Makan makan trip to Penang. It was a total let down. There was not much fish (sardine?) and the Assam gravy was not strong enough for the special 'kick' for this Penang's special dish - so well know.

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

Delicious food and super fast service. Two bowls for just 10RM which is three times cheaper than our ride over. Totally worth it!

Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

Just tried this famous Asam Laksa yesterday with my husband. It was superrr delicious. No wonder its so famous at Penang. The laksa noodle taste sweet,sour and spicy soup. I can’t take spicy, but the laksa taste perfect. Not too spicy and not too sour.

Reach here around 2 PM and its still crowded. Luckily food was serve within minutes. 1 bowl asam laksa cost 5 ringgit.

The place is just walking distance from Kek Lok Si temple. Really highly recommended!!!

Reviewed 13 March 2018

This Assam Laksa is hearty and tasty but not fishy. We had it with spring rolls and sugar cane juice. The soup was thick and just properly balanced between sweet, salty, and sour. The staff are cheerful and fast. It is open from around 11 am to 7 pm and totally worth the Uber ride from downtown.