“Unforgettable and pleasurable stay”
other travellers have booked this property
Outdoor seating bathroom
villa view
Villa Outdoor
Villa At Night
Villa At Night
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
LalitMoha...
New Delhi, India
“Unforgettable and pleasurable stay”
Reviewed 16 June 2014 for a stay in June 2014

I stayed at crosswinds with my family and 2 other family friends, it was truly a memorable experience for all of us to stay at this very beautiful villa. The name perfectly suits it location as in the evening time specially we could feel cool winds crossing the outside sitting area. The ambience is perfect and is very appealling. The hospitality of the staff was the best right from the time we checked in till check out.
The cook have made our day with mouth watering dishes right from the breakfast till dinner be it north Indian, South Indian or Italian they are perfect.
For 2-3 families it is worth staying together at this place....

Liked best: Stay and Food
Liked least: Electricity situation
Travelling group: Extended Family
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
ankur_j
Ludhiana
“The best vacation we ever had till date....”
Reviewed 2 June 2014 for a stay in May 2014
person found this review helpful

We booked this property for two nights and three days from 30th May to 1st June 2014.
We were two couples travelling with young kids aged 3 years and 5 years.
We were planning to go to some hill station in summers.

By chance I had opportunity to have a look at this property here on TRIPADVISOR. Boy! I must say I was in awe when I saw this property. Was truly bowled over by sheer beauty of surroundings and the way it was so tastefully made and furnished.

I put up a phone call for booking enquiry to the Owner Mr. Manish Anand . I must say I was quite impressed the way he made me aware of all the details. I want to take this opportunity to compliment him for lovely villa he has built as well as thank him for courtesy shown by him and as well his staff during our stay. Hats off to you Manish ji.

I will like to add that I was so much in awe of this place that just to be here I changed my whole vacation program. And I can surely say it was worthy of change.

Booking process was very simple and easy. Manish ji followed up with emails regarding our booking and confirmations very promptlyb. We were again informed via email by Manish ji about the contact details of his colleague in hour of need and the staff who will be attending to us during our stay.

The villa is located very aptly away from the hustle and bustle of Nainital near Gethia. It is a perfect getaway for ppl looking to spend some quality time far away from maddening crowds. It is tastefully furnished. each and every nook and corner of this place is lovely. Be it the huge lobby with large windows giving magnificent views of the lush green mountains or the rooms or the lil library for the book worm in you and not to forget the deck outside by the garden to relax in cool breeze in the evening. Everything is just stupendofabolous.

We were contacted on our day of arrival at the place in the morning itself by Bhagat ji, the chef. He enquired our expected arrival time and our requirements regarding food if any. We conveyed our requirements to him. We were greeted very warmly and eagerly by the staff- bhagat ji and manoj his assistant. As the Villa houses six bedrooms, we were given option to choose the one we liked.
Just as we entered the villa, all of us had one question in mind - Is this place REALITY?
WOW was the word from us in unison.

The food prepared for us on arrival was beyond par. Never ever had such delightfully taste buds tickling mouth watering food in my trips. We feasted on the delicacies to the hilt. I must say the chef Mr. Bhagat is master crafter with the food. We ate variety of foods during our stay at CROSSWINDS. No matter what type of cuisine we asked for it left us wanting for more. Our kids enjoyed their meals to the maximum.

Manoj, the bell boy was at our beck and call all the time. He was like their to fulfill our needs as and when we wanted. The food was served as and when and where we desired.

Amenities wise this place was fully equipped. Be it recreational activities like bonfire, home theatre with great dvd collection , mini library with lots and lots of bookscarom boards, badminton racquets, playing cards, etc..

Each and every corner of the villa was sparkling clean.

This place is perfect getaway for large families or group of friends, even young kids will love this place for it has so much in store for them

We really were not at all eager to leave this place and head home. If booking would have been available then we would have definitely extended our stay.

It was more than worth for the price asked for.

To sum it up, this was by far the most memorable, remarkable, delightful, full of enjoyment and relaxing vacation I ever had.

I will definitely recommend to all fellow trip advisor travelers and my friends and family members to visit this place once.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The location, the way the property has been built and upkept, the food-which was absolutely delicious, the calmness of surroundings, the service provided by the staff to name a few things we liked the best about being here.
Liked least: The one and only thing we least liked was few number of days we spent our time here. Wished we could have booked this place for ourselves a lil longer to completely enjoy what all this place had to offer.
Travelling group: Young Children
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Management Response
15 Jun 2014
Dear Ankur,

The entire team joins me in thanking you for staying with us during your recent visit to Uttarakhand and also for sharing your feedback in detail on Trip Advisor .

Thank you for your encouraging words of praise for Bhagat & Manoj and am very glad you liked our villa, facilities, food and services. All of us are delighted to read your experience at Crosswinds, Gethia.

It is our continuous endeavour to deliver excellent service which meets high standards of hospitality and it is feedback such as yours which is our greatest award and motivates us to continue striving for excellence.

We sincerely appreciate your rating of our villa and do hope you will continue to provide us with more opportunities to be of service.

Neha S
“If you are visiting around Nainital area then you must stay atleast a day here!”
Reviewed 27 May 2014 for a stay in January 2014

I went to Crosswinds with my husband to celebrate his birthday in January. We have been just married and I wanted his birthday to be special and we both wanted to celebrate it in peace, with each other!!

Crosswinds came up as a choice as they give the entire villa to you if you book 2 rooms!

And I must say...staying there as a guest was a very fulfilling and peaceful experience.

Right from the food to the ambiance to the service, everything about this property is awesome!

You would feel the love and warmth as soon as you would enter the porch. When I entered in my first reaction was..' I could live here'!!
The best part is that there are no fixed timings for any meal. You can have it whenever you feel like it and Bhagat (The Chef) has some magic in his fingers!! He can make a simple masala peanut look and taste like a gourmet recipe!!I can go again and again just to have the food!
And Manoj (Bhagat's assistant/bell boy) is always 'at your service'...when you need him, he will be there and when you don't need him, you wont see him anywhere! He just appears like magic in front of you when you call him!

Since the villa was exclusively booked for us, we really felt at home. We felt secure and we could REALLY spend time together and with each other. Had it been any other place I'm sure our experience wouldn't have been the same.In just one day it felt like we had lived one entire week!! We had so much to talk, so much to do and the day felt soooo long :)
One more thing...my husband being a Punjabi is used to having rusk with his chai every morning. He was super super impressed because Crosswinds is the only place that we have visited that serves rusk in the morning along with yummy and piping hot chai!
I would recommend everyone to experience this place at least once if you wanna travel in Nainital area...our every penny was worth the experience!

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Liked best: Food and ambiance
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
AhujaKama...
“Home amongst the Hills !!!”
Reviewed 20 May 2014 for a stay in December 2013

A perfect place to spend time with your family and friends in the hills. Crosswinds is a tastefully done Villa and you feel at home the minute you step in. Excellent settings on the hill with a nice valley view. We travelled with a group of Friends with young kids and the staff did not make us feel for once that it was not our home. Good food and service. Nainital is a short drive away so if one is looking for a private place in the hills away from the crowd yet in the proximity of Nainital, I would highly recommend Crosswinds.

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: Location, service and Comfort of having the whole villa to ourselves
Travelling group: Young Children
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
ashishnan...
Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
“Luxury and solitude in the hills- an unforgettable experience!”
Reviewed 19 May 2014 for a stay in May 2014

Crosswinds is located in Gethia, off the main road to Nainital, thus it has a quite hamlet location and is perfect for people wanting to stay at a special place away from the hustle and bustle of the regular hotels. The property is built without expense and the fixtures and fittings are simply of top notch quality. All areas are squeaky clean and there is a lovely deck overlooking a small valley with comfy seating and outdoor music. Food is another hallmark of Crosswinds with the chef preparing scrumptious breakfast, lunch and dinner. The pasta, the salads, the Indian cooking, the breakfast, all of it was special. The staff are unobtrusive and always willing to go the extra mile. The best part about the stay is that you will have the place to yourselves with no other guests, so no unpleasant interruptions! This place is a must-visit and is a year-round best kept secret of the Nainital hills!

Travelling group: Friends
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing