All reviewsolive treespool barcorfu townair consteep hillrelaxing holidaylarge balconystayed on a b b basisput towels on sunbedsrooms are spaciousmeat eatersguests returnset in lovely gardenspeaceful hotelsun or shadebusy dual carriagewaychoice of restaurants
Reviewed 26 July 2018

If you are looking for peace and quiet in the Corfu countryside yet not too far from Gouvia itself and only a ten minute drive into old Corfu town then this is perfect. The hotel rooms are spacious, the pool is adequate and the bar and taverna excellent, all within the private grounds.

HOWEVER, if you are looking for a comfortable night's sleep you might want to think again. Our advice to the owners is to invest in top quality mattresses to ensure your guests return again and again.

One other point relates to breakfast. For most people breakfast is the most important meal of the day, it sets you up for the day. However, once upon a time breakfast could be had at the taverna by the pool but now it is to be had indoors, clinical and it could be anywhere ... but not Corfu. We can understand the practical need for the management to do this, but for holidaymakers the atmosphere has gone. Also a lot of tourists come from the UK and they want a hearty good old fashioned "FULL ENGLISH", not a salad.

If these two points could be guaranteed to change and be proudly advertised on the hotel's website then guests that know and loved the hotel would return in their droves.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the pool and taverna tend not to have the sun in the afternoon, which if you've been out in it all day is a welcome relief.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Singaporedreamer
Reviewed 23 July 2018 via mobile

Just returned from an 11 night stay. We have thoroughly enjoyed our holiday and Saint Nicholas hotel met our needs & we were happy with our stay but could be better. We were in room 308, facing pool with nice balcony so that was a bonus . Room is definitely in need of update and I think some tlc when cleaners come in. Just a kettle fridge & toaster provided in this room .. kettle lead did not quite reach plug socket which made us laugh ! Bathroom was very worn shower head too low so uncomfortable to shower and bathroom as a whole is a bit grubby with limescale & grubby shower curtain , few pounds could improve this easily. Beds were hardish, but slept really well even with a very loud air conditioning unit which needs an upgrade too. Pool and garden area very well tended to , no need to be up early to put towels on sunbeds unless you need a parasol as there are very few, though you can get shade under trees if necessary. Pool lovely and clean spent plenty of time in it as so hot . Not on top of each other round the pool either plenty of space.All staff friendly , bar good good with reasonable prices . The walk up and down steep hill to town was manageable but some may struggle , the heat made it worse than it really is, we didn’t really notice it by the end . The included buffet breakfast had plenty of choice & so nothing to complain about there. Recommend a stay here, we won’t return as Gouvia not got enough variety of restaurants for our liking and less authentic then we liked. Go try it out though it is such a relaxing place, I still had a tear in my eye when left .lol !

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank STRIPEY70
Reviewed 22 July 2018 via mobile

Hi! Just returned from a week in this hotel with my teenage daughter and a friend. Staff are all so lovely and we had such a giggle with them.

Our room was large, yes could do with update but was clean and comfortable. Have seen comments re beds being hard but we slept well.

Breakfast is basic but ample .

Receptionist lovely. Shout out to Bar staff Catolina and Tony who were great to chat to and so friendly, fun to be around. Also night security man ( can’t spell your name sorry!)

There is a hill to contend with , going down is ok ( 10 mins) , coming back....take a taxi particularly during the heat of the day.

Food in bar and restaurant excellent!

No need to queue for a sun bed as always room, pool spacious and clean.

Go! You won’t be disappointed and we will definitely return.

A hidden gem! Enjoy!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank isabel l
Reviewed 21 July 2018

We checked in to reception given key card lady then showed us to our room 420 she helped with the cases. Room clean lovely view over gardens nice balcony free air conditioning free safe cooking facilities looks ok cooking rings fridge etc. After a quick unpack we went down to the bar in the garden near the swimming pool bar staff very polite and friendly drinks reasonable price large beer €3-50 Bacardi and coke €6 always pickings put on the bar after a good night's sleep in comfortable bed woke up the sun is shinning not a cloud in the sky went down to restaurant for breakfast cereal,fruit,fried eggs,saugages,bacon,baked beans,toast,ham,cheese,cakes,very impressed with breakfast. Next down to the swimming pool plenty of sun beds table and chairs no need to put towels on sunbeds gardens are fabulous olive trees lawns flowers.All the staff are very friendly reception.cleaners.gardeners.bar staff and Tony impressed me with his cocktail skills very funny man.This is a lovely hotel and would come back again.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank RobetBobachop
Reviewed 22 June 2018 via mobile

Saint Nicholas hotel, Corfu.

I have just spent a week here. Got it on a last minute deal of just over £450 for bed and breakfast and with a garden view balcony. If I had paid the full almost £1200 price for this holiday I would have been a LOT more disappointed than I am now. Firstly the garden view. There are about 5 or 6 apartments where the “garden view” is actually a view to the rear of the property and is all massively overgrown. The apartment itself was not to bad, very basic but ok for what I paid I guess. However I did find that we needed to wash the cups, glasses etc as they were not done properly and when I went to use a saucepan it was absolutely disgusting with what looked like scrambled egg stuck to the inside. The water was cut off for almost a full day so cleaning ones self was a challenge that day. The hotel sits at the top of a hill. It’s 924 of my steps from the main road to the hotel and it is all uphill so not a good place if you don’t like the idea of that walk in 30 degree heat. Any shopping you want I would recommend the extra walk and go to the supermarket on the main road at the bottom of the hill, prices in there are much more reasonable. Curfu itself seems to be having issues with its waste disposal with big piles of rubbish sat at the roadside all over the place with cats sifting though it. Overall it was just about ok for my £450 price but even at that price I will not be revisiting.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple