“Absolutely Terrible ”

Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 7 May 2018 via mobile

We walked into the restaurant, we got sat by the waiter, we ordered our food, but our expectations were let down after seeing a CAT enter the kitchen! The waiters smoking cigarettes put us off and the prices afterwards didn’t meet what was written in the menu, not much choice of food either. Absolutely horrendous AVOID!! A lot better restaurants near by.

1  Thank dom051995

Reviewed 5 May 2018

We stumbled across Aries Taverna when we heard the Greek music blasting out. It's down a small side alley off the Gouvia main street and if it hadn't been for the music we would have missed it.
The tzatsiki and olive paste starters were great. The octopus and stifado mains even better. It was typical Greek food which doesn't look much on the plate, but tastes fantastic.
The whole team were super friendly and very welcoming. The after dinner fire dance show was unexpected and just finished the night off in the right way.
Thank you, Taverna Aries, for the extra ouzos and kumquat liqueur. I had a headache the next day, but we had a lovely time which we'll remember always and it was only made better by the dogs. Loved them and wanted to take them home.
Glad we were lucky enough to experience the first night of the season with them. We had a great time. Thank you, Estefano and team!

Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

We went here as came recommended. Entertainment and food were ok, however felt fire was far to close to our table actually touching at one point and my leg was very hot!! The big disappointment came with the bill, very over priced they tried to claim card machine wasn’t working but after me informing them this was my only means of payment all of a sudden it worked. It was only at this time a bill was printed through the till!! Very disappointed overall not the night I was expecting

Reviewed 6 January 2018 via mobile

My wife and I were staying all-inclusive nearby but decided to visit here one night.

I booked a table walking past in the afternoon and came back a few hours later and they recognised me straight away.

The food was perfectly good and the house wine was delicious. They kept bringing more, on the house, so we ended up getting more than expected, which meant that the entertainment was even better - the dancing lasted a good while, and my wife and I joined in for a laugh at the end. We were knackered, but it was a great end to the night.

Worth every penny, and a lovely experience. Would happily do it again.

1  Thank AlexanderWD
Reviewed 18 October 2017 via mobile

It's a place that gave me and my girl beautiful moments! Perfection!
One day when we come back to Gouvia, definitely we will visit Aries Taverna!