“Very comfortable”

Mercure Saint Lo Centre Hotel
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Saint-Lo
Reviewed 22 July 2017 via mobile

My stay at this hotel was very pleasant. The room is very comfortable with and it is worth to mention, a usb plug in to load your smart phone. Easy for travelling. The bed was very good and the room very clean. We had dinner but not what we could expect. The good humor and friendiness of the personel was a plus.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business

Reviewed 22 June 2017

This hotel was a let-down after its sister hotel in Mont Saint Michel. Access is difficult for reduced-mobility users (lots of steps). No air-conditioning in rooms: mine faced due west, with huge windows, and we were in the middle of a heat-wave. Fewer sockets than usual in this class of hotel: none of the usual outlets above the desk.
Breakfast items were sparse and some hard to reach on top shelves.
West-facing rooms look over the railway lines and east-facing rooms over a main road. Redeeming feature was good, free wifi.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 April 2017

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Reviewed 25 February 2017

Very conveniently positioned just off the centre of the town and virtually 'under' the impressive, high rampart walls. The hotel is in an excellent location for accessing places in St Lô on foot; equally, it is well-located for reaching all the major roads that lead to all the usual sights of interest within Manche and also further afield to the coast (north and west), to Brittany and to northern Mayenne.
The hotel itself is functional in design and very clean; our room was great (overlooking the ramparts) especially the bathroom which was well-designed and had a super shower unit.
We found all aspects of the hotel to be good-to-excellent although, given the easy walk to town, we never used the restaurant (either for breakfast or for any other meal).

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Sabrina L, Manager at Mercure Saint Lo Centre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2017

Dear Sir,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Hôtel Mercure Saint Lo.

Reviewed 4 December 2016

The room I got was a funny shape. There was a lack of shelf space. On the other hand there was a very long windowledge, which I was able to use, but putting my stuff on that ledge obstructed the free movement of the curtains. It meant that I had to leave the curtains partially closed during the day, but there was enough light. Probably the biggest minor annoyance, was the way that the bathroom and toilet were laid out. The position of the entrance doors to these cubicles were such that from the toilet to the bathroom, there was an unususually long walk to wash my hands after each use of the toilet. The biggest annoyance I had was caused by the STUPIDITY, INCOMPETENCE, and lack of consideration of the local police who made it very difficult for me to get to the hotel on the day of my arrival, by closing off all the roads in and around the city centre. I believe that the event which necessitated the road closures, had finished well before my arrival in the town, and that the roads were kept closed for much longer than necessary. In addition, one stupid old geriatric policeman, deliberately gave me false directions, in order to get rid of me, when I asked for alternative route directions. The hotel staff dealt with this very well. They sent one of their girls out to find me, and give me directions. I am quite happy that all the annoyances I experienced were outsde the control of the hotel staff who did their utmost best.

Room Tip: If you are arriving by car and you have luggage, it is better to park at the back of the hotel, by t...