Riad Marlinea
All reviewsminute walkone nightmattressjetstramtaxibathmedinarabat
Reviewed 23 September 2015

Riad itself was very nice, decor was very beautiful, bedrooms and bathrooms were clean and there was a good wifi connection. Staff was very nice and helpful although noone could speak a word of english. They more or less understood us but we couldn't get any detailed advise.

The thing that put us off was the location as it was in the middle of the maze, very difficult to find and locals did not seem to be used to tourist. Sale is not very touristis part of Rabat.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank Agnieszka M
Reviewed 9 July 2015 via mobile

Our stay here was beautiful, the rooms and the hospitality are awesome! However, as it is not directly in Rabat (but in Salé) you have to use the tramway and then walk for about 15minutes (taxis from Rabat dont go to Salé). Once reached the Medina of Salé it is quite difficult to find the way to the Riad for the first time - but once arrived, you get the perfect map to find your way in and out from the owner! Overall a great stay - to Rabat centre or station it is only a 10minute tramway drive!

Stayed: July 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 April 2015

Our 4 night stay in this little riad was excellent. We have arranged a grande taxi to pick us up from the airport as our flight was arriving late, and good that we did because we definitly would not find the hotel ourselves, especially late at night, as there is no signs from the main road towards the hotel.

We were greeted with some traditional Moroccan mint tea and having booked a standard room, to our happy surprise, being the only guests in the hotel at the time, we were upgraded to the Lavender Suite! Beautifully decorated, with high ceilings, tinted windows, a corner bath with jets, a little setee and a gigantic, comfortable beds, the room was brilliant. Breakfast served til 10am was traditional Moroccan pancakes (two types) with some bread, yoghurts and freshly squeezed orange juice.

Although the staff did not speak very good English, with my wonky French and a few nods we were given a map of Sale and tips on what to do in town. Rabat - the capital - is a short tram ride away (7DH- buy your ticket from the booth at the station), and the tram stops right outside the medina. The hotel itself is located in the residential area of Sale, and as we went outside the season we quickly realised that we were the only tourists in town. Morrocans are a lovely nation, we felt welcomed and were not scared to walk around the town late at night.

There is a rooftop terrace overlooking Sale with a few palm trees and sun chairs.

Sale is a relatively small town but its worth walking along the beach behind the walls of the medina as the sea views are excellent. There is a few nice restaurants in the marina area of town, overlooking Rabat, and few fast food places in town.

One thing I'd say is that double check you have been given the right keys as we were left stuck outside late at night and had to call the hotel as our keys did not work in the gate.

Overall, a very enjoyable stay in this tiny riad.

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 November 2014

It was quite difficult to find it, but that is a common experience for Riads in Morocco. Sale Medina is, I have to say, not very attractive compering to other cities and next time I would rather pay bit more and stay in Rabat. Owners and Staff friendly but no communication in English. My first impression of Riad was nice as common room is nicely decorated but my room was very dark and small with really tiny and uncomfortable bathroom.Old squeeky mattress. Decor cheap and tacky compering to other Riads I stayed in Morocco. Mosk must be next door as 5 am prayers extremely loud. Breakfast was nice but indifferent.

Room Tip: Rabat Medina is much more attractive.
  • Stayed: November 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 November 2014

We arrived quite late coming from Fez. Had slight problems to find hotel as there is no proper signage and the city is a labyrinth.

The lady that welcomed us did not speak any English, but we managed to speak somehow with our hands. She offered us mint tea which was very nice.
We also got some take away and she kindly provided us with plates, cutlery and cleaned after us.

Breakfast was also nice, freshly squeezed orange juice.

Our disappointment came, when we received a room. The booking we made were 2 double rooms - as we were two couples. Our friends got a beautiful big bedroom and me and my partner a very think room with the smallest bathroom I have seen. I did not fit to sit on the toilet.
This was our last night in Morocco and I had to sleep on the other bed as we received a twin room! What upset me the most was that they had two other single hosts, who both got big double bedrooms and me and my boyfriend had to sleep separately and squeeze in this little twin room. This could have been thought through better by the personnel as they knew who is coming.

I felt claustrophobic, the mattress was squeeky. There are no window only to inside of the internal launch and light coming from uneven shutters straight into my eyes There is not a big price difference so if you can, try to get bigger room. You will not miss the mosque 5am mass, as its somewhere nearby.

Room Tip: Definitely get bigger room, avoid the slim twin.
  • Stayed: October 2014, travelled with friends