All reviews family run these apartments minute walk plenty of sunbeds loft room offers plenty bars and restaurants mum and dad pool bar breakfast was delicious follow the road usual hotel quiet location air con amazing family local town lovely apartment
Reviewed 2 July 2017

My husband and I have just returned from a 2 week stay at the Edelweiss Hotel and found the hotel and staff excellent. The hotel, the pool and the surrounding areas are all exceptionally clean and well maintained.
The owners Mary and Dimitri, and their 2 daughters Elena and Cia are such lovely people. We both felt very well looked after by them all and they made our holiday very memorable. Elena recommended a great jewellery shop in Zante town that she and her family uses, who even repair jewellery while you wait. We even got a great discount on an emerald necklace, thanks to Elena. x
Our room was beautiful and very modern, with a great view of the pool and mountains one way and the other way, at the entrance to the apartment, views out to the sea and Zante town in the distance.
The food at the Edelweiss was very good and reasonably priced too. We did drink and eat there quite often, as it was so good, but we love to support the families at every place we stay.
Overall, this is a really friendly hotel and you will be guaranteed a relaxing holiday.
We did spend all of our time round the pool every day as we don't like to hire a car and there isn't really much of a beach at Argassi, but we knew this before hand. As there has just been a heat wave in Greece the temperatures reached 43oc for most of the time, so the fabulous pool provided the much needed cooling down required.
There are some really great restaurants in Argassi and our favourite was The Papillon, where we ate most often.
The quickest route into the central part of Argassi is: turn right out of the hotel and follow the road. It's only 5 minutes to the start of the smaller road down, which leads to the main road. This smaller road has plenty of shops/supermarkets and 1 good sports bar.
We would definitely recommend this hotel to everyone who want's a relaxing holiday with a true Greek family feel.

Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 July 2017

We booked one the apartments here after we had a bad experience within the first few hours of our previous hotel. Immediately we were made to feel welcome by a lady working that day (as far as I could gather, it was family run and she was possibly one of the daughters but maybe still the owner). When we arrived the apartment wasn't quite ready since the previous residents weren't leaving until 12 and we arrived at about 10. We opted to sit by the lovely pool and have a few beers (few beers each - we don't share beer!) and relax in the sun.

We were seen to very attentively when we were brought towels for the sun loungers as another option (we didn't have to ask).

When we were shown to our apartment we could hardly believe our luck - the place was huge. It had obviously just been thoroughly cleaned. 4 bedrooms (1 single, 3 double) each double room with a terrace looking out onto a lovely garden. One morning I even managed to watch the sun rise from my bed. The air con was easy to use and powerful making it easy to sleep in the heat wave we experienced! Breakfast was delicious and freshly prepared.

People have mentioned the dogs and the roosters waking you up, but I found if you just shut the shutters out onto the terrace and the doors, you don't hear a peep. Don't get me wrong, they can be loud, but it's not really something the staff/owners can do anything about - dogs bark and cockerel crow!

Another review says that the staff were rude. I think this boils down to the greek mentality (one that I think the world should adopt): If you're nice to them, they'll be nice to you.

Conclusion: Lovely place, lovely food, lovely surroundings, lovely people. Go there.

Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Charley S
Reviewed 10 June 2017 via mobile

A delightful, relaxing hotel with beautiful well manicured gardens, and a lovely ,family Mary and Demitrious Ambelias and daughters, who had a smile and a helpful word. We have been here several times and love it.rooms are spotless

1  Thank THOMAS O
Reviewed 25 May 2017 via mobile

I'm currently lazing by the pool on another beautifully hot day In argassi as I write this, I booked this trip for my partner an I one week before we arrived, this is our first trip without any children, so what we were looking for was peace, quiet, relaxation, clean, not busy, but not too far from restaurants and bars, we got exactly what we were looking for and more, Edelweiss apparents are around 20 min from airport but not in flightpath, the apparents are around a 5min walk from argassi town.
We arrived at Edelweiss and greeted by the owner, a very friendly and helpful woman, and took us straight to our room, room was very spacious, clean and everything you would need, the balcony was massive with a lovely sea view, the pool and bar area was spotless, beautiful plants and flowers and very quiet, just some background music, if you like to be entertained day and night, have an army of kids you need to keep occupied, or looking for a loud boozy holiday then this is not the place for you, Im loving my time here and not looking forward to leaving in 3 days time but will return, this is the kind of place I'd keep coming back to.

1  Thank Derek R
Reviewed 24 May 2017 via mobile

Just arrived back from a very relaxed and enjoyable stay at the Edelweiss apartments. Family run, they are very friendly and do what they can to make your holiday for you. Easiest check in ever, straight to your room, no passport photocopying. Lovely apartment for two of us, very spacious, but even roomy if four of you were to stay in it.

Lovely pool area with a snack bar with seats inside and out. We ate here quite a few times on our holiday and everything was lovely, but we'd have to recommend the traditional Greek ciabatta in the sandwich list. My husband was the first person to try it from the menu and it was amazing, I tried some myself and the flavours are fantastic. Ciabatta bread filled with Greek salami, sliced tomatoes, feta cheese and black olives doused in olive oil. Amazing flavours!!

All in all I can't fault these apartments for a holiday, rooms cleaned regularly and sheets and towel change the same.

We will definitely be returning to the Edelweiss, thanks for a lovely holiday

1  Thank dougal75