“Superb Location”

Blackfish Cafe and Grill
Ranked #4 of 8 Restaurants in Como
Description: Great coffee and fabulous food in a casual atmosphere by the water's edge. Open breakfast and lunch every day. Available for private parties and functions any night.
Reviewed 31 March 2016

This is a new restaurant in Como Pleasure Grounds, overlooking the Marina, railway bridge and Georges River. This is a great spot to spend a sunny afternoon. Really nice menu; and food was very very good. All reasonably priced, and BYO to boot.

Date of visit: March 2016

Reviewed 26 January 2016

Blackfish Bar and Grill is a hidden gem in Como. It's located inside Como Pleasure Grounds which is an extremely popular place! The park has your usual playground and picnic tables and clean BBQ areas. We went on a short walking loop after our delightful meal.

Date of visit: October 2015
Reviewed 17 December 2015 via mobile

Came across this place by accident and am very glad I found it. Really good food and a lovely view overlooking the river, but still hidden away amongst the trees. Definitely recommend a visit.

Date of visit: June 2015
Reviewed 15 December 2015 via mobile

I had lunch here with my wife after a a very traumatic personal situation the previous day. My mood was very low and I really needed a lift.

The day was beautiful, as was the location. The service was attentive and very friendly, particularly the man that works there who I suspect may be the owner.

I had the fish and chips and I must say the fish was actually tasty and good quality, whereas most cafe fish is totally devoid of taste.

My wife's meal was very nice, with the smoked salmon being a generous serving. Coffee was also excellent.

We spent a lovely hour or so there before walking back over the bridge to deal with more depressing matters.

I look forward to returning, and wish the owners every success in their business.

Date of visit: December 2015