All reviews close to mg road mg marg family room excellent stay the hotel staff banquet hall black tea recommend this hotel kazi road gangtok visit buffet breakfast is till date travel desk three nights amazing hospitality happening place enjoyed our stay
Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

MEMORABLE EXPERIENCE..
I have booked 2 deluxe room on 24th Mar. The front desk hotel staff upgraded our deluxe room to a super deluxe view room on top floor with no extra charge. Thanks to Nilanjana, Kalyan, Arpana, Alka, Raju, Priyanka and off course MMT also for hospitality.
Hotel is a bit costly but very clean and in a great location with parking facility near to MG Road. Rooms are specious with well decorated furniture and provide all the required amenities including room heater.. Food was great but service was little slow..
Summit Dezong simply great!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank MAngre
Deepshikha-DS, Manager at Summit Denzong Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Namaste!

Thank you for staying at Summit Hotels & Resorts and for your valuable feedback.

Our endeavour is to create a memorable experience and from your feedback it is evident that my team was successful in creating one which you will cherish for time to come. Your kind words for our associates delights me and it gives me immense pleasure to share it with them.

We value your patronage & look forward to welcoming you back to the Summit Hotels soon.

Unit Manager
Summit Hotels & Resorts
Reservations: +91838877888 / 9069956664

Reviewed 4 April 2018

When we checked in , our room was smelling badly....on enquiry housekeeping said there was a problem in the drain in several rooms in several floors... after debate with the reception, they finally agreed to change the room.... In future the hotel management should keep in mind that if a room has such a problem, then they should not allott it guests in the first place....

In the breakfast buffet, the food quality was not so good. There was a lot of delay in refilling empty food containers. Food was getting cold and there was no one to refill the containers with warm food.... Very little variety in the menu

Restaurant manager was not so concerned about quality and promptness despite repeated requests. His behavior was rude....ruined my mood...

Some housekeeping people were rude... I asked them to replace drinking water glasses... the guy started to ask why I needed replacement (according to him drinking water glasses don't need replacement)....on explaining that we had filled the glass with milk, he came on a visit to first check our claim... and then reluctantly agreed to replace the glasses , but with a rude face.....

Despite asking housekeeping to not clean my room and putting a do not disturb sign, they still opened my room ......

The size of the double bed in the family room is quite small not adequate even for an adult and a child...

Few positives- property is good, fixtures are good, location close to MG Road but you have to walk uphill for a few minutes to reach MG Road...

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Deepshikha-DS, Manager at Summit Denzong Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2018

Namaste!

Thank you for sharing & highlighting your concern regarding your dissatisfying stay. Firstly, my apologies to have allocated a room with such a problem but glad to note that my staffs changed your room. I, personally had a word with our executive chef about the food quality and I am glad to share you that your concern has been taken in a serious manner by him. I would like to apologize for getting delayed in refilling the buffet, as we do not stock cooked food and I am sure it took a little time to make it all again. Your area of up-gradation regarding the variety in the menu will be looked upon.

Our endeavor is to create delightful memories for our esteemed guests whenever they choose to stay with us and I am disheartened to know that we were not able to stand up to your expectations. Feedback is a gift and we positively take your words and work to be better in future. We regret to know about the inconvenience you had to face and assure you, we will have this addressed with the individual sections to bring about the desired changes and will take actions against it. Please do accept my apologies on behalf of all the team. I do hope you give us another opportunity of being a better hosts and I am sure my team and myself would be up to the challenge in leaving you with better memories this time around. Assuring you a comfortable stay & looking forward to your continued visits.

Pawan Khaling
Unit Manager
Summit Hotels & Resorts
Reservations: +918388877888

Reviewed 2 April 2018

I will be writing 2 reviews of this Hotel since we stayed 3 nights in one room and came back for one more night to a different Room.

The first 3 nights we stayed here was perfect. The room was well maintained and spacious. It had an amazing with a view of the mountains (we had a brief glimspe of the Kanchenjunga between 5:45-6:15am one morning). The staff is extremely courteous. Food is amazing and a special mention to the restaurant staff esp Min and Bhumika. The fact that it is just a 5 min walk to the MG Marg is definitely an added bonus.

PS : We had a slight issue with the room heater which started burning in the middle of the night but thankfully I was awakened by the smell immediately and they replaced it. So no harm done.

Room Tip: Deluxe view rooms in the top floors
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Kavitha_Ramesh
Deepshikha-DS, Manager at Summit Denzong Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Namaste!

It is heartening to know that you had a great stay with us. I am pleased to know that you liked our services and facilities provided to you by us. Your appreciation of the hotel facility & the services in particular is a true testimony of the hard work put in by my team to deliver a product which exceeded your expectation.

Your kind words for our associates is highly appreciated and they are happy to hear from you. At Summit Hotels & Resorts our effort is to offer an unparalleled hospitality experience to create delightful memories to the guest whenever they choose to stay with us and i am pleased to know that we could serve you well. I extremely apologise for the inconvenience faced by you with the room heater but happy with my staff members for their quick action which turned your stay from a good to a great one.

Assuring you a comfortable stay again & look forward to welcoming you back to Summit Hotels soon.

Summit Denzong Renaissance Hotel & Spa,
Reservations:+91838877888 / 9069956664,

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

I was on a business tripto Gangtok, being a tourist place took my wife along , the property is very conveniently located to M G Road, Rooms are very spacious, neat, Food is excellent, and the staff are excellent, ask for any help they are eveready with a smile , specially to mention Aparana from front desk, my wife left her clothes behind , we called Aparna she was quick & decent enough to find out revert and send the same by courier. Immediately. Would certainly love to stay in my next visit.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple

Namaste!

Thank you for your gracious compliments about the spacious rooms, food & courteous staff. The entire team in their spirit to serve are delighted to learn of the positive impact they have on you and look forward to welcoming you back.

At Summit Hotels & Resorts our effort is to offer an unparalleled hospitality experience to create delightful memories for our guest whenever they choose to stay with us. It is indeed kind enough of Aparana to send the parcel quickly & thankful enough for recognising and appreciating our effort. Feedback is a gift and your words are highly appreciated.

Summit Denzong Reanaissance Hotel & Spa,
Reservations:+91838877888 / 9069956664.

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

I stayed here for 2 nights in March. Its an excellent hotel with-
Good rooms: Big luxurious rooms which were clean and tidy
Customer service: very prompt
Location: close to MG marg
Food: All the dishes we ordered were tasty
Breakfast: very good spread with lots of variety
Only negative thing was that the bathroom was stinking due to some problem in their pipeline.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Deepshikha-DS, Manager at Summit Denzong Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2018

Namaste!

Happy that Summit Hotels & Resorts was associated in making your recent vacation & holiday a memorable one. It was a pleasure having you and your family stay with us.

It is heartening to know that you liked our services & facilities provided to you by us. I am glad that you also liked our spacious rooms and the in house restaurant and food served there. Feedback is a gift and your kind words are highly appreciated.

Summit Denzong Renaissance Hotel & Spa