All reviews swimming pool value for money pleasant stay room service breakfast spread was good superior room courteous staff excellent hotel complimentary breakfast business hotel great ambience a great place to stay the hotel staff rooms are spacious front office house keeping white town
Reviewed 26 April 2016

The hotel is reasonably priced and provides good amenities like well-maintained swimming pool, gym. The breakfast buffet is usually included in the tariff and the food spread is decent. Overall it is a nice family hotel to stay and relax over a weekend

Room Tip: nice hotel
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Aadithya P
SunwayManor, Room Division Manager at The Sunway Manor, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2016

Dear Mr.Aadithya,

We thank you for your recent review of our hotel on TripAdvisor!

We are delighted to learn that your stay has been memorable. Thank you very much indeed for your kind words about the hotel's product and some of the services.

We have noted your feedback with regard to cuisine and service at the restaurant .Your comments have been shared with the appropriate departments so that they may be addressed.

Please feel free to contact me directly and it will be my pleasure to assist you and we look forward to welcome you back again.

Reviewed 24 April 2016 via mobile

Stayed for a couple of day with family. Had a small fun pool. Good restaurants. Neat and big rooms. Well decorated rooms. Breakfast spread was good and had some tasty dishes. Bhatura, pongal, jalebi, halwa, dosa, omelette to mention a few. A good stay.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank sys_drako

Dear Guest,

Reviewed 4 April 2016

We visited Pondicherry this Jan for celebrating our First Wedding Anniversary & had booked this place initially for 2 nights/3 days but extended it to 3 nights/4 days owing to the great hospitality, courteous management, beautifully done up rooms(ours had a pool view as well), good housekeeping, amiable staff & great food(both breakfast spread & ala-carte that we used to order sometimes to our room). The hotel has all the facilities for your comfort - a well-maintained pool, spa services, gymnasium etc.
Overall, a great stay!! I will definitely recommend this to my family & friends & would love to stay at the hotel again, in case I happen to visit Pondicherry in future.

Keep up the good work!!

Room Tip: All rooms are aesthetically decorated.Can choose a room with a pool view on first or second floor.
  • Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank kirtigupta2905
SunwayManor, Room Division Manager at The Sunway Manor, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2016

Dear Ms.kriti,

Reviewed 31 March 2016

We as a family had stayed with you during Aug-2013. Excellent stay and good food.. Amazing buffet breakfast and dinner as well.. Location was a bit off from the French colony, although not too far. But that's okie.. Traveling by bikes were another option... Wonderful staff and services.. I loved this one... Good for relaxing. Pool was neatly maintained. Will definitely come back or recommend !! Keep it up guys... :)

Room Tip: Looking for closer to beach, go in for some other hotel...!
  • Stayed: April 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank mkarthik_kumar
SunwayManor, Room Division Manager at The Sunway Manor, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2016

Dear Mr.Karthik,

Reviewed 31 March 2016

The hotel is not a beach resort as is mentioned in a lot of places but is located on a very busy road. You would miss it unless you see a signboard on the left pointing out the hotel. From the outside, one would mistake it to be an average or ordinary hotel. Once inside the premises, one is astounded to see how big it actually is. From ample basement parking to the 3 swimming pools and the restaurants, it is tastefully done up. The lobby is grand and definitely stands out with its high ceilings, polished pillars and decorated ceiling.

The rooms are extremely clean, comfortable and the best I've stayed in so far. The beds are very very comfortable, the Air conditioning unit is temperature controlled via a touch screen, the golden lampshades (there were 3 in my room - 2 besides the bed and a large one next to the seating area in the corner) add an aura of grandeur to the large spacious room. There is a wardrobe, besides a kettle and tea coffee and a bottle of water at your disposal at all times. The bathrooms are grand, with all possible bath fittings installed. The TV was infact the first one in Pondicherry where I stayed where I could get a clear distortion free picture, besides being a large sized LED tv with HD clarity.

The staff is extremely courteous. Since we had a toddler with us, the staff at the restaurant took special care of her needs and also arranged a high chair twice themselves, besides the manager and the chef coming over personally to ask how the food was. The ambiance is top notch at the Gardenia ,their restaurant. Food is sumptuous, full of variety and delightful. More than the afternoon buffet, I must say the breakfast was an absolute treat. I tried the Omelette with Mushroom and cheese with toast, Belgian waffles with maple syrup, cheesecake and a cup of tea. They even served us with a cup of Bournvita for the little one on request yet did not charge for it at all.

Full marks for service, ambiance, rooms, food and facilities. Barring the location of the place, I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone. You could forgive the location though once your inside.

All in all surpasses expectations and good value for money.

Stayed: March 2016