“French charm!”
Review of Villa Christophe

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Pondicherry
Villa Christophe
Ranked #51 of 151 Pondicherry B&B and Inns
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“French charm!”
Reviewed 16 December 2011

We stayed at Villa Christophe for a leisurely 5 days on a babymoon. We were already quite charmed by the lovely pictures on the website and the value for money aspect. We were really pleasantly surprised to find the place as charmingly French as the pictures suggested. Its a beautiful old villa with 3 rooms, period furniture and a really relaxed old world vibe.
The price was almost too good to be true, 3500 for the hibiscus room with breakfasts included!
The breakfast was probably what we enjoyed the most- it was fabulous to laze over the meal, with toast, jams from auroville, eggs and tea and the most impeccable and friendly service from Martin and Babulal.

The location in the midst of the French Quarter is really quite spectacular. It's a short walk to the Promenade. The promenade itself is very crowded, so while its a nice walk most days it could turn into a nightmare if you stayed in any of the beachfront hotels. Villa Christophe is a little oasis of peace away from the hustle and bustle.All the good eating places and art galleries are a short walk/ auto ride away.

food and art-I'd definitely recommend Don Giovanni for the fabulous Italian food and the rooftop bar at the Promenade for the ambience. On the art front, Pondy is the best place to buy antiques cheap-found some great value deals in Cafe des Arts, La Maison Rose and some of the tiny places like Madame Shanthi on Bussy Street.

Would strongly recommend!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank gp2008Mumbai

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 12 December 2011

I went for a weekend trip with my wife to the Villa Christophe, booked it just 1 day before our travel date and they luckily had a room available. I paid 3500 rs. including tax and it included b'fast as well. I made all the payment at the time of check out. They seem to be flexible for the check in and check out timings. We checked in at 5.30 pm and checked out at 3.30 pm the next day. Breakfast was good, we had butter toast, omlette, fresh fruits, orange juice, tea, croissant (which was really good). Overall the breakfast was pretty good. The service of this Villa is good and the staff are well mannered and will help you with finding places near by. Moreover, this villa is located next to the State Bank of India in the french colony and is thus very peaceful. Loads of shops and restaurants are very close to it and the beach is hardly 5-7 minutes walk from Villa Christophe. We enjoyed our stay and will go back and recommend the place to our friends. And yes I forgot to mention that the rooms were nice and big and perfectly clean with tea and coffee maker inside it with a flat screen tv.

Room Tip: all rooms are fine
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank VidhuKhare
New Delhi, India
Reviewed 18 October 2011

I almost didn't write a review because I wanted this place to remain a hidden gem, but it's just so amazing that I felt I had to do it justice. If you are in a group, Villa Christophe is the perfect base for exploring Pondicherry. From it's an unassuming exterior, one step through to an oasis of calm and chic interior design. The 3 rooms each have their own character and the communal areas are spacious enough to accommodate all. The staff on hand go above and beyond without ever feeling intrusive on your personal space. Martin was excellent and supremely helpful, especially in dealing with our wayward driver (long sotry!) and breakfast was a luxuriously laid back affair. The villa is in the heart of the French quarter and a short walk from the promenade. I could not reccommend this place more highly. The only thing I would mention is that (in my opinion), the villa is best for group bookings (book all 3 rooms and you get the run of the villa), as otherwise I'm not quite sure how sharing of the communal space works. However, I wouldn't let that stop me from booking again!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
Chennai
Reviewed 11 November 2010

I was very skeptical when I booked this place for a weekend getaway - normally you can make ordinary things look good with great photography, but Villa Christophe was an example of how immature the camera actually is!!!

The villa was beautifully and tastefully decorated, the rooms were brilliant and our room was a masterpiece. The staff are polite and helpful and the small breakfast was done with lots of attention!

The villa is only about 400m from the beach, and close to all the major restaurants and parks! Priced at Rs 3000 per night, it is a 5 star villa at 3 star prices!!!

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ChennaiFoody
Chennai, India
Reviewed 25 March 2010

A peaceful place to stay in the French side of Pondicherry. The Villa itself had French interiors, thoughtful accesories, very friendly and polite staff. There are just three rooms each with a unique theme, to me these were very appealing and felt like staying at Home on my vacation! It met our requirements, value for money, easy access to all attractions in the city of Pondicherry, walking distance to shopping places, close to some good hotels.

Overall a relaxing and a very memorable stay at Villa Christophe.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled with family