Ginger Pondy needs a MAKEOVER!! Their staff need some serious training and their rooms need some serious makeover.
1. First, they should throw away the small 0.8 ton air-conditioners and fit some 1.5 or 2 ton split air-conditioners in the rooms. There is literally NO COOLING in the room, even if the a/c is run for 24 hours continuously.
2. The Wi-fi (advertised as free!!) never works. Dear TATA, we are ready to pay, but don't fool us by saying, it is free and hence don't bother if it doesn't work. Both the times I stayed, Wi-fi never worked.
3. The TV set was not in working condition.
4. When we asked for ice-cubes, the reply was "please bring a plastic cover and get some from the coffee day outlet".. outrageous isn't it?
What they call as budget may be budget in Delhi or Mumbai. But, in Pondy, you get excellent rooms at 1000 - 1500 per day.. So, Pondy Ginger is not a "cheap" property as they claim. Inspite of this price, we travellers are fooled, as mentioned above!
On the whole, our vacation became a nightmare in Ginger Pondy! I am not stepping there again!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia APAC, Hooroo Pty Ltd, Wotif.com, TripOnline SA, lastminute.com.au and HotelQuickly so you can book your Ginger Pondicherry reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ginger Hotel Pondicherry
- Pondicherry Ginger Hotel