Andaman Hotel(Yangjiang)
TripAdvisor
Trip.com
All reviewsstayed herebusiness tripalternativelakehalfreviewchina
Reviewed 30 August 2017

I originally wrote a review for this hotel a few months after it opened. It was still rough around the edges and I've decided to write an updated review now that I've been staying there for over a year and a half. I spend about 15 -20 nights per year at the Hualuxe so I have a very good impression of the place now. The staff is very attentive and they solve your problems. They've listened to my concerns and developed solutions. Lately, they even anticipate my needs and go out of their way to make my stay even better. I know several of the staff members personally and they are extremely friendly people. The breakfast buffet is one of the best on my month-long China itineraries. The second-floor Chinese restaurant is pretty good, but strangely empty most nights. The Hualuxe is one of my favorite hotels to visit in southern China and is a pleasure to stay in. The alternative to the Hualuxe is the Phoenix Hotel on the other side of town, which now looks old and dingy when compared to the shiny new Hualuxe. Most western visitors to Yangjiang have now moved over to the Hualuxe. It's an easy choice.

Ask for a corner room. There are windows on two walls instead of one. The suites are nice, but overpriced for the city.

Stayed: August 2017
Reviewed 29 April 2017

Frist time I stay at this hotel but will come back if I have to be in the area again.
Modern hotel with clean, spacious rooms.
Did not have dinner at the hote but breakfast buffet was good, enough choice both for Western as Asian guests.
Very friendly and helpful hotel staff.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 March 2016 via mobile

Finally a descent place to stay at in Yangjiang...
I always drove back to Foshan late nights to skip staying in Yangjiang.. Not any more, now that HuaLuxe is open, i am usually don't ver staying another night...
The hotel restaurant is acceptable, to Yangjiang standard is not bad.. The location is good.
The rooms are big, clean and the service is perfect.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 February 2016

This is my second stay at the Hualuxe. I come to this area a few times a year and this is pretty much the only game in town for decent business travel. Not quite as good as the Hyatt Hailing Island, but that property is a bit out of the way compared to the Hualuxe. Anyways, I am here just after CNY and the place is well decorated for the festivities. It's a bit on the quiet side, since everyone is just returning from the holiday, but that is ok. My only immediate issue is that right now it is very cold here in Yangjiang and the lobby isn't heated, or if it is, they aren't turning it on. This is a bit of an issue when eating at the restaurants or if you are having business meetings. Aside from that, you should make the Hualuxe your go to if you come to this area for business.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Trevor M
Reviewed 20 January 2016 via mobile

Brilliant property, maintenance, breakfast, and service. I've been disappointed by a few hotels with a great property but poor service or a once-great property that is poorly maintained. This hotel has none of those shortcomings. Would love to stay here again next time I am in Yangjiang.

Stayed: January 2016, travelled on business