We arrived at the hotel at 11am but were allowed to check in as our room was ready. We were all inclusive so were given a wristband and room key each. Our room was a reasonable size with a balcony overlooking a carpark and a side on sea view. There was a small table and 2 chairs so you could sit out on the balcony. Our room had two single beds pushed together. We requested extra pillows which we never got. The bed was comfortable, clean and made up for us every day. There was two curtains I assume to keep the light/sun/heat out? Our room had a TV and fridge. No tea/coffee making facilities. Hairdryer in the bathroom. Plenty of storage space for cases and hanging wardrobe space for clothes. The aircon was at a good temperature and works by leaving your key card in the switch but stopped working if you opened the balcony door.
The bathroom had a bath with a shower, sink and toilet and bidet. Towels one large and one small per person and a bathmat. Towels for the pool cost 20 Euros deposit which you got back once you returned them. I was in the bathroom one morning and the person in the next room was in their bathroom the walls are that thin if your both on the loo you can hear everything! I think the toilets are back to back! Be careful what you say as you can hear every word. Luckily in both rooms we had our neighbours were fairly quiet.
On the 3rd morning I had just left the bathroom when there was a big crash! On turning around I could see that some of the decorative ceiling/coving over the bathroom mirror had fallen. There was dust everywhere and at least 2 pieces of plaster? the size of bricks. I went to the reception and asked for the manager. I was told he was not available but they would send somebody up to the room which they did send 2 workmen within minutes. They looked like the Mario brothers they just stood and looked at the ceiling in amazement. We were then moved rooms straight away. The guy on reception said it had never happened before? He thought it must be the humidity? I said it is a bathroom so what do they expect? Maybe they should install some extractor fans? I have reported it to Thomas Cook as I believe with the amount of debris on the sink and the floor somebody could of ended up in hospital. Our second room had a balcony with a pool/sea view which was better than the car park view.
I ordered a wakeup call for our last morning which came on time. Checkout was quick and easy.
The reception staff were helpful with local information although their recommendation for the bus number 14 to Ibiza Town which stops outside the hotel was a waste of time we waited 40 minutes for a 20 minute service then the next bus that arrived went passed full to heaving. We ended up walking into Ibiza Town which took us 35-40 minutes. We did walk slow and stopped at shops! The reception staff are happy to call taxis for you too.
The 2 outdoor pools I thought were cold and are in the shade for a good part of the day. The heated indoor pool spa and Jacuzzi are next door to the two 7 storey hotel blocks a couple of minutes walk. You need to wear a swimming cap/hat in the pools and Jacuzzi inside 5 Euros each or you can bring your own or we brought one for 3 Euros in the shop in the town. The beach is a few minutes away as the hotel overlooks the beach and sea. There is a gate from the pool area to the beach which you can us your room key card to open during the day save walking around the streets. We never had any problems getting sun loungers either
There is a small jetty next door to the hotel where boats leave to go to Formentera which costs 20 Euros per person and takes 50 minutes. You can also get a boat into Ibiza town for 7 Euros. We took the glass bottomed boat which was a waste of the extra 4 Euros we paid as the bottom of the boat/glass was covered in green slime and we couldn’t see a thing!
There were two bars open during our visit. One at the pool and one inside. Our all inclusive got us Breakfast between 8am and 10.30am Lunch between 12 and 3pm and Evening Meal between 7pm and 10pm. We could also get hot dogs, cheeseburgers, chips, bacon rolls, ham/cheese sandwiches at the pool bar between 10am and 7pm. Drinks included Sam Miguel and a local beer Cruzcampo, Cocktails included Pina Colada and Manhattan, Cold water on draft and soft drinks, Tea and coffee.
The Restaurant was big and held hundreds of people. It was crowded most of the time and was difficult to find a table most of our visits. It was also crowded around the half dozen or so food counters.
Breakfast – yet another 4* hotel that serves up cold baked beans 7 days and cold baked beans everyday!!! Bacon, sausage, tomato, scrambled egg, mushrooms. Fried eggs and scotch pancakes freshly cooked. If you want something warm wait while the chef cooks these for you although there is a microwave available. Cereals white rolls/bread brown rolls/bread. There is a counter of Danish pastries/cake/biscuits type stuff. There was ham and plastic cheese and pate available. Fruit juices and fruit melon apples oranges sometimes fresh pineapples. The teabags ran out on the 3rd day and weren’t replaced by day 7.
Lunchtime – we only visited one day as we were out most of the week but there was hot and cold food available.
Evening Meal – Hot and cold food available pork everyday a roast dish that is carved on the counter either pork, chicken or beef. Roast potatoes one night mashed potatoes another. Vegetables even sprouts one night! I had a nice beef stroganoff one night also a couple of pasta dishes available. Salad cheese and ham. Chicken dish every night. Baked fish dish most nights. Squid most nights baked or fried/battered. Desserts included Strawberry Vanilla and Chocolate Chip every night. Different cake stuff most nights. Fresh pineapple and melon.
Friday evening was Gala night and we were greeted with a glass of champagne on entry and a huge chocolate fountain! There was also fresh Paella and plenty of large prawns and muscles.
There was entertainment on every night in the bar or entertainment room. David Vincent was playing guitar and keyboard one night. He did some Beatles and Elvis. We spent most nights sat in the comfy chairs out by the pool. Also there were a couple of entertainment girls who went around the pool asking people to play beach volleyball and aqua aerobics…………………..Pontins in the sun!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Mediterranean... The Sirenis Hotel Tres Carabelas & Spa, together with the Sirenis Hotel Goleta & Spa, forms one of the best known and renowned hotel complexes on the island with a high standard of facilities and services. Its location, on the sea front of the famous Playa d'en Bossa and close to the city centre of Ibiza, makes it one of the best positioned hotels on the island. Just 2 km from the centre of Ibiza and 6 km from the airport, the hotel is located in the heart of the well-known tourist area of Playa d'en Bossa. The Sirenis Hotel Tres Carabelas & Spa is ideal for couples or groups of friends, perfect for enjoying the great atmosphere on the island. Discover the attractions and services in the area, in addition to a large selection of sports on the beach, without forgetting to visit the beach clubs and famous spots on the island. Everything you need for a relaxing but fun holiday is here. The buffet restaurant has a varied cuisine where you will be able to enjoy international dishes prepared by our chefs, with the convenience of the All Inclusive board. The Sirenis Hotel Tres Carabelas & Spa offers the Sirenis VITAL Spa, perfect for relaxation. A full gym, 3 tennis courts and 4 paddle courts are also available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia APAC, Wotif.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, lastminute.com.au, Hooroo Pty Ltd, Agoda, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Hotelopia and Cancelon so you can book your Sirenis Hotel Tres Carabelas & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sirenis Hotel Club Tres Carabelas Playa d`En Bossa
- Sirenis Hotel Club Tres Carabelas And Spa
- Sirenis Hotel Tres Carabelas & Spa Ibiza/Playa D'en Bossa