This hotel gives a whole new meaning to the word basic! We have just got back from a week's all inclusive - joke!!! Everything in this hotel is an extra. TV, sunbed cushions, beach towels, hair dryer, kettle, safe hire, etc.. what we got was a one bedroom apartment. The kitchen had a fridge and two cooker rings, very minimal basic kitchen equipment. The room appeared to be decorated by a blindfolded chimpanzee. The electric socket in the bathroom came away from the wall. The patio doors were very stiff and hard to open. There was only two electric sockets in the apartment, one in the kitchen and one in the bathroom.
The food is diabolical. I am vegetarian, so that cuts down choices. They offered a cooked breakfast, but the fried eggs were burnt on the bottom, swimming in grease and always cold, really horrible. The bread was always a bit stale. They often ran out off cups and saucers, so coffee was served in plastic cups. I was very disappointed with the food in general. It was always served tepid at best. They did have a microwave, but it was already overcooked when it was served, so i did not want to put it in a microwave. We ate out as much as possible, because a visit to the resturant was so disappointing.
On a positive note, the waiters worked hard to keep the resturant clean and tidy. They did quite well considering there limited resources.
The all inclusive drinks were quite limited. All served in plastic glasses at the pool bar, which was quite chilly in the evenings. There appeared to be an inside bar area, but it was closed all week.
There is a nice area with comfortable sofas and chairs outside, which overlooked the sea. It was a nice place to sit and relax when the sun was shinning. They had two pools, but nobody was using them.
The hotel is located in an excellent spot, next to the sea and just a few minutes walk from the centre of the resort. The staff were friendly and helpful.
We hired a car for three days and visited the main attractions of the Island. I liked the capital town as it had good shops there. We also when to Teguise, a very nice little quiet town during the week, which becomes very busy on a Sunday due to a market. We went to the National Park as saw where the volcanoes were, which was a very interesting trip. I did not find the Island very interesting on the whole - a lot of scrubland, and hardly a blade of grass anywhere.
I would not rush back to Lanzarote anytime soon, and if I did go back, I would aviod this hotel and pay a bit more for something better.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Blue Sea Costa Teguise Beach is located in a privileged area of Costa Teguise, on the seafront, just off the beach surrounded by gardens, parks and close to the best shopping and facilities area. Costa Teguise is one of the main tourist areas of the island. It is a beautiful city that offers numerous sporting activities with golf course located between the volcanoes and the sea. The destination is also well known for its great beaches and water park. All the apartments are equipped with bathroom, balcony / terrace, equipped kitchen, safe, satellite TV. To make your stay as pleasant as possible, Blue Sea Costa Teguise Beach has an outdoor pool , sun terrace and pool bar. We also provide customers with the All Inclusive system , free bus service to the beaches and shopping centers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Wotif.com, Evoline ltd, Hooroo Pty Ltd, HotelQuickly, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Blue Sea Costa Teguise Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aparthotel Blue Sea Costa Teguise Beach Hotel Costa Teguise
- Punta Jablillo Costa Teguise
- Punta Jablillo Hotel Costa Teguise
- Blue Sea Costa Teguise Beach Lanzarote