All reviews german guests this hotel caters self serve entertainment sunbeds loads
Reviewed 30 January 2016 via mobile

Me and my mum are on holiday atm in this hotel !
I am german but live in England now for Nearly 10 years !
It does cater for mainly Germans that is right but I did speak a lot English with the waiters etc and had no problem !

I do have to say that the Germans are misunderstood alot ! People say they were rude I get that but it's a different culture and what we see as rude they see normal ! Not sure if that makes sense

The hotel is lovely ! Rooms are tidy, clean and lovely set up !
Am actually pleasantly Suprised By the buffet ! It's Really good ! If you expect English breakfasts you will be disappointed but the choice is big !
Fresh salads , juices ,yoghurt, loads of different bread , scrambled egg ( two ways with veggies and ham or plain ) Spanish omelette , boiled egg, fried egg ( one side and both sides done ) cereal ,Bacon ,sausage etc all sort

Lunch and dinner are brilliant too!

Good entertainment ofcourse very cheesy sometimes but I expect that !
Facilities are free to use like gym and saunas etc
We are really enjoying ourself !

The only thing is that the pools are Pretty chilli ! And Only one if them is heated !

Will defiantly come back !

Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Lena S
Reviewed 18 November 2015

We thoroughly enjoyed our visit to Albatros. We spent two weeks here with our toddler who had a ball.

Our room was very spacious and clean, the maid service was excellent.

The pool area was very well kept and had a continuously good atmosphere.

We were all inclusive. The food choices varied every night and we were pleasantly surprised by the quality. Our son just loved the food, especially the local pork stew/soup on offer. The staff are so friendly and could not do enough to help, especially with the children. My son laughed and giggled so much as they made a fuss of him.

It is true that UK guests are not in the majority but that didn't bother us. We were happy to chat to the other guests we met from Germany, France and parts of Scandinavia, in fact we had great fun with them. My son happily played with the other children, language is no barrier for them.

We will definitely return for a lovely international experience in a foreign country.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank Jacqui H
Reviewed 7 November 2014

We walked into this hotel and asked about a brochure only to be told (THIS IS A GERMAN HOTEL SO ONLY GERMANS IN HERE).
.We found this was quite rude So we said ok and left .
Please be aware and avoid this place We are in our sixties and are very respectable and found this attitude unacceptable

Stayed: November 2014, travelled as a couple
12  Thank V2783SOjohnf
Reviewed 7 October 2014

Just returned from a week all inclusive at Albatros Club Costa Teguise, Lanzarote. This is a four star hotel which we rated as 3 star plus overall.

As many people have mentioned before, this is a German hotel run by German Hotel group Alltours. The guests at the hotel are approximately 99% German. All literature is in German. The entertainment is in German. The kids clubs are in German. We don't have any issue with the German people, but take issue with the fact nothing is in English, so we were completely excluded from everything. I heard of a British family who had been told their kids could not use the kids club, because they did not speak German. The German guests at the hotel were pleasant enough and said hello whenever you passed them. I was able to communicate a little with them as I am studying the language, but at times it did feel a little intimidating when sitting in among them all.

The hotel is situated in a fantastic area, all of the shops and bars are situated in close proximity to the hotel, including the local supermarket. There are 2 beaches within short walking distance immediately behind the hotel; however the main beach is about 5 to 10 minute walk found by turning right on exiting the hotel and walking up Calle Las Olas Street on the opposite side of the road from the hotel.

The hotel itself was beautiful and very clean, and the rooms have a large bedroom, nice bathroom with large walk in shower and a seating area with a television with only BBC world news and CNN in English. We stayed in room N3016 which was on the top floor with views over the main pools and sea. The only complaint I have about the rooms was the air conditioning which was terrible but at least it was free! Maid service is every day exept a Wednesday. There is WIFI available at the hotel if you want it but it will cost you 15 Euros for 1 week or 20 Euros for 2. You can also get daily WIFI for 5 Euros per day.

The hotel has 3 large pools, which when we were there were all heated. A couple of the pools are in need of renovation as a lot of the tiles are missing and this causes a hazard for cutting your feet There is a kids pool located near the kids club, but there is no bar facilities in that area, so you have to walk back to the main pool area for food and drink.

There are plenty sunbeds around the pool but you have to be up at the crack of dawn if you want the best ones. The week we stayed there, the Germans were up when it was still dark putting their towels down to reserve beds. One morning, I was up at 5am to use the toilet and heard sunbeds being moved around. To my astonishment, I observed sunbeds being reserved by a German woman at this time in the morning. You will certainly struggle to get a decent bed at the main pool by 8am. This practice seems to be condoned by the hotel which is pretty bad in my view.

We used the main beach every day as we are put off by this competition for sunbeds. The beach was lovely and the nice cool breeze coming off the sea made it pleasant to sit in the hot sun. Two Beds and an umbrella cost 12 Euros for the day, which must be amongst the most expensive prices in Europe.

The food at the hotel was, in our view average with the exception of the salad bar which I found to be excellent. During our stay, we observed very little change to the choice to the hot food on a daily basis apart from the theme nights where additional choices were available. Most of the hot food seemed to be aimed at the predominantly German guests i.e. Pork and Fish on offer every day. We always found something to eat but overall it was nothing to rave about. Food is served in the main restaurant with snacks available at the main pool area from 12.00 daily.

Drinks were self-serve beer, soft drinks and tea/coffee/chocolate open from 8am until well after midnight, bar open from mid-morning till late. Soft drinks were a bit watered down and the beer on offer was the local beer, Tropical, which I think is brewed in Tenerife. Bottled beer is available to purchase if you want. My wife tried a few cocktails but they were all a bit disgusting in her view.
We would not use this hotel again as there is better to be found in the area, however, I am told that we would have no choice on this matter anyway as the German owners of this hotel have pulled the plug on British guests or any other European nation for that matter and deemed the hotel only available to German guests from next year. Now they have their own little holiday camp with no pesky British to disturb them!

Think there is some kind of discrimination going on there for anyone other than German wishing to holiday there!

Room Tip: Lots of people complaining about ant invasions on the ground floor, so best to request a higher floor room. Get a room with a pool view and you can get up early to watch the beds being reserved in the dark!
  • Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple
8  Thank BILLYBUNTER12
Reviewed 26 September 2014

Nice Hotel German owned.The receipton staff very helpful and spoke good english,meals were good with something for everybody.The rooms were very clean with good bathroon and walk-in wet room,Not many english people there but no problem. The all inclusive was o.k. with drinks etc. and snacks if wanted.Would have gone back next year but hotel is only for Germans in future.So much for our european friends snubbing us

Room Tip: no point english not wanted
  • Stayed: September 2014, travelled with family