All reviews frosted glass shower and toilet open plan latin night rock and roll daily offers pool bar latin dancing sharp corners rooms are modern quieter pool sunday dinner air con pg tips toasties main barman best meal of the day
Reviewed 27 June 2017 via mobile

Myself and my partner booked this as a last minute deal.

Upon arrival the staff were very nice, they asked to see our travel documents (to prove confirmation of booking) which we didn't have on us but they let us forward them the email a few days later. The staff then carried both myself and my partners suitcases up to the room which was a nice touch.

The pool: this was really nice and had a lot of space. There was a bridge that went over the pool and this was quite low to the water so we had to watch our heads everytime we went under it. There were a few bits of rubbish in some of the filters but overall a nice relaxing space.

Pool side snacks: these were also good as the food ran twice in the day for poolside snacks. The only thing was every day it was the same but what was offered was nice and basic; chicken nuggets, cheese and tomato sandwiches, chips, ham and cheese toasties.

Drinks: myself and my partner decided to go all inclusive mostly for the drinks. These were good and there was plenty of option. The cocktails were a bit interesting but the sex on the beach was nice. They also offered soft alternatives, beer, water and the staff were happy to mix drinks and provide the normal vodka and coke.

The room: on first impressions we were very happy with the room we had number 223 and had a brilliant view. The only issues were that the shower leaked and this water ended up under the bed and also going out of the front door. We didn't want to complain because of our lovely room and fixed it with a few towels. The other thing is the toilet wasn't very private. it was separated by glass and the doors didn't lock and were clear with a frosted panel. The rooms were cleaned everyday however the cleaners did come really early, well early for us 8/9 however if you tell reception that you want a lie in then they were happy to accommodate this and delayed them.

The food: unfortunately we were very disappointed by the food. The hotel had the nice basics and everything was hot and fresh we just couldn't find anything that we fancied (except the Greek salad) and we just weren't that impressed by it. The lunch seemed nicer but we only had this once. In terms of location we struggled to find a nice restaurant. We only had one nice dinner 1/7 days. We had one hotel dinner but the other days trying the local food which we were disappointed with.

Location: the location is very good and pretty much on the kalamaki strip and a short 5-7 mins walk to the beach. The strip wasn't really what I had in mind when we booked myself and my partner are in our early 20's and found the entertainment to be limited. The strip is mostly full of restaurants. There was an interesting kids amusement park which was very run down and had minimal rides/ attractions. We spent most of our time enjoying the all inclusive bar and then walking over to the shisha bar or iguana bar. The beach was very nice and we hired a pedalo for a hour we went a short distance out and saw two turtles. Also the water was very clear and warm we did want to do snorkling to see some more turtles but ran out of time

The staff: the staff are what made our holiday special although I couldn't help feeling sorry for them as we saw the same people day and night. This was lovely but I hope they also had some time off!

Overall we were very happy with our stay but the location and food just wasn't right for us.

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank 979shannenb
Reviewed 27 June 2017 via mobile

You cannot fault a thing at this hotel. Fully refurbished, very pleasant staff who certainly go the extra mile to make it special for you. Came here for a relaxing getaway and that's certainly what we received! Food was pretty good to.

Thanks for making it wonderful guys - Squirt

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank Louise S
Reviewed 27 June 2017

Everything about this hotel is absolutely brilliant.The staff ,the decor,the food are all amazing.
Nothing is to much trouble for anyone at this hotel,they are all happy to help at anytime.
My husband does not walk very well but everyone tried to help us all they could.
In my opinion none of the staff need a special mention as they are all incredible.If I didn't have a pet cat that means the world to me at home they would have had to evict me to get me to leave the hotel.
Just brilliant and can't wait to return.

1  Thank Susan D
Reviewed 26 June 2017

No downsides, lovely staff, amazing facilities. The only not so good was the walking to the beach but totally worthed it, When you reach the beach you are amazed by the deep blue and the perfect sand. Lovely island and lovely hotel

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank Jessika B
Reviewed 26 June 2017 via mobile

We have just returned from exotica after 2 weeks of bliss , I couldn't fault the staff they are just so friendly and helpful, everything is nice and new and clean, foods tasty and plenty full can't wait to go back xx

Trip type: Travelled with family