1,689 results
All reviews fun park water park wave pool kids club life guards bikini bar thomas cook wave machine main bar bar staff ice cream per child big slides animation team block b evening entertainment all ages
Reviewed 9 September 2015 via mobile

Hi we went here in September 2015. And found this place to be right up our street,.

The food was excellent and changed on a daily basis, with also a Chinese and Italian night,

The pools and the aqua Park were both brilliant and the accommodation was as much as we could ask for,
As both of my young sons said we will be back again one day very soon!!

Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family
5  Thank Mrcoley
YannisAgapakisGM, General Manager at Carreta Beach Holiday Village, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2015

Thank you for your nice comments and hope to see you soon

Kind regards

Reviewed 8 September 2015

We have recently come back from a week here and choose to stay at the Caretta Beach based on all the positive reviews with our 6 and 4 year old children.

Having had a very early start at 2.00am with a 2 hour flight delay we were so relieved when we finally arrived

We were allocated room D301 and were told we had to walk up three flights of stairs as there were no lifts. Not a great start for my husband carrying all the suitcases! We were quite surprised by how small the room was. There was little space to put the suitcases and no natural light in the living space. We needed to open the main door to let in light. In addition to this there was mould in the shower which didn’t work properly (see attached pictures). Water was either too hot or freezing cold or even just no water at all. On a positive note there was a nice balcony at the front and quiet and private as it was the last room along the corridor
We requested to move rooms but were told that we would have to wait until Thursday (we arrived on Monday) as all rooms were full until then. We went back on Thursday and were given room A216 and had a lift…good start! The room was much better and kind of what I was expecting. Bigger, bright and had our own balcony at the back. The only downside was that it was quite noisy as it was above the games room but worth the move.

Food was ok, as you would expect from all inclusive, not great choice of cereals and same three fruits of water melon, tinned peaches and fruit cocktail everyday.
Drinks were on tap and pre-made cocktails. Had to pay for drinks after 11.00pm
Snacks consisted of toasted sandwiches, pizzas, chips, onions rings etc…

Thomas cook kids club was ok. We put the kids in a couple of times. No need to book and sessions were free apart from their special events. We booked the kids for a party which cost 10 Euro per child. Quite pricey as all they had were sweets and chocolates and not even a goodie bag.

Zumba was on twice a day at 12.00 and 5.00. Great fun and very popular.

Hydropark was great for the kids. Splash pool, waterslides, wave pool. Closed at 5.00pm

There was also a fun fair open during the evenings. Had to pay for rides between 3-5 Euro. Kids loved this as the hotel entertainment in the evening wasn’t great.

We paid for wifi for the week (it is free at the reception) but wasn't working in A block (poor coverage) so got a refund.

Overall it was great for the kids as there was plenty to do for them. It did remind me of Butlins, but Greek style! I would say that cleanliness was an issue and inconsistent, wold definitely say it is more of a 3 star than 4 as advertised.

Room Tip: A block nice but quite noisy
4  Thank Petal08
YannisAgapakisGM, General Manager at Carreta Beach Holiday Village, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2015

Your comments are noted.

Reviewed 7 September 2015

I have just got back from a week stay at Caretta Beach with my best friend & instantly wanted to come home & write a review. Before heading to Coretta I felt really nervous about coming to the hotel after reading previous reviews however, I had nothing to worry about at all (all those sleepless nights for nothing!) So, this is for all you worriers out there!

The hotel itself is amazing! Our room was beautiful, the swimming pools are lovely & in general a really nice well kept hotel. You will never be bored thats for sure! Me & my friend are 22 & are the biggest kids going so the water park & the amassment park was the cherry on the cake...if you have kids this is a must as there is hours of fun there! The evening entertainment for the adults was just as good & we both really enjoyed that too, as there was a lot of variety. Langanus is only a taxi drive away so we enjoyed a few nights out on the main strip too (: there are also really good execrations to do around the island so take a look!

So many people have complained about the food here...why i do not know! No it is not repetitive, I had something different every day, the food was beautiful with traditional greek foods as well as your usual pasta, pizza chips etc & they even have a children's buffet too which is just as lovely. Not only that but you have the snack bars too which provide yummy food so you will never go hungry! Drinks are good too, okay its not what were used to at home but once you have a few, your to drunk to realise ha (well maybe that was just me)!

Massive shout out to all the staff there, everyone was brilliant & so friendly! We had our phone & money stolen on the first night when we went out in Laganas but the people on reception & our amazing Thomas cook rep (Beth) did everything they could to help, so thank you!

We also went to the beautiful spa..I had the best massage, just what I needed on my last day! Highly recommend.

I can honestly say, this was one of the best holidays I have been on, perfect for families & big kids like myself! Thank you Caretta (:

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled with friends
10  Thank Kayleigh S

Dear Sir/ Madame

Thank you for your nice comments and hope to see you soon

Kind regards

Reviewed 6 September 2015

We requested a room in j block and this was accommodated.

The room was adequate for the four of us, it was nice to have two single beds and the double opposed to a sofa bed. I agree with other comments that the rooms need updating but that being said they were clean and comfortable and did the job. Deeper cleaning is maybe needed eg cob webs around patio doors etc.

Positives
Water park, clean and safe and great fun
Restaurant good choice, hard working staff, great service
Swimming pools a great choice of many different pools around the resorts.
Fun park-extra euros but something our children did a few nights.
Snacks good choice and plentiful
Friendly staff
Helpful staff
Shuttle bus to beach

Constructive criticism
Soft drinks- these were vile and even my 5 and 6 year old opulent touch them so we had to buy drinks for them I noticed other families had to do this too. Also my husband is tee total and struggled to drink these so was limited for choice or was at an extra cost.
Maid service-the bedding was changed once and the towels when swimming everyday and on the beach and showering several times a day there was no facility to change towels. We left towels that were dirty in the bath for when maids visited but they were left there. It would be nice to have an option for clean towels when needed.

Overall we had a great holiday at Caretta beach, the staff were helpful and knowledgeable. Yes rooms are dated and some things like the maids service don't lend this hotel to be 4* but more of a 3 but these can be worked upon. The resort was clean and safe and the people we met went above and beyond to make sure we had what we needed.

The food was plentiful and of a good choice and quality. My children never struggled to find something that they would enjoy.

We had a great time and would return.

Room Tip: J block is away from the main part of the hotel, it is more secluded and quieter away from noisy entertainment
1  Thank sophandizzysmummy

Dear Sir/Madame

Thank you for your comments and hope to see you soon

Reviewed 6 September 2015

Food , not great . Maybe every other day something ok. Canteen like a cattle market Alcohol awful . Beer watered down. Children's drinks awful full of sugar . Room ok. Water park was good. Evening entertainment awful. More towards the polish German and Russian who are bloody rude!!!!!! Kids disco is ok for young ones.
Water on floors not cleaned up so people fall over.
Had a massage that was very good . I recommend.
For all inclusive we ended up spending over £1000. To get out of the place get some decent drink and food for us and our kids . There is a fun park which can cost as all fortune if you go every night. And by the kids disco there is a stool that opens selling popcorn and candy which isn't free!!!! So after paying a small fortune to go there I do feel somewhat ripped off. However my kids did enjoy themselves. Just not the parents .

I in my opinion feel this hotel is more for its Russian and polish clientele.
Would I go here again ....No . Would I recommend, not for all inc. if it was half board or B and B then I would .

1  Thank haribo74

Dear Sir / Madame

Your comments are noted but for your information, beer isn't watered down and there are no German or Russian guests here. The entertainment is varied but mainly for British e.g. Bingo, Karaoke, Live British singers.