“Treasure In Tlaquepaque”

Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Tlaquepaque
Corvallis, Oregon
“Treasure In Tlaquepaque”
Reviewed 28 February 2012

We stayed two weeks at the Quinta Don Jose Boutique Hotel while attending The Guadalajara Language Center. Each morning began with a delicious breakfast served by the delightful kitchen staff in the charming courtyard. We adored walking to school through the family oriented town of Tlaquepaque. When we returned in the afternoon, our spacious comfortable and clean room was a welcoming retreat. Because of our lengthly stay, we were thankful for the free high quality WiFi which worked in our room and throughout the hotel. We enjoyed our outstanding experience at this boutique hotel because all the staff from the front desk to those welcoming us to the restaurant, took care of us like we were family.
Joanne and Leon, Oregon

Room Tip: Room #5 2 double beds and spacious.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Joanne M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (180)
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 31 January 2012

I did not look forward to the 10-12 hour bus trip from Puerta Vallarta to San Miguel de Allende so I decided to stop in Tlaquepaque overnight to break up the trip.
This hotel was recommended and the level of service was fantastic. They agreed to pick me up at the bus station although a cab is much cheaper $6 vs their $15 but depends on your comfort level.

Room was great and the hotel was 2 blocks from the arts center of town. I ate at the hotel and the meal very good and saved me having to find a place to eat. I left the next morning on their shuttle to the bus station and wished I had stayed a bit longer in Tlaquepaque and the hotel. I will return again

1 Thank richland
Des Moines, Iowa
Reviewed 28 January 2012

I’ve stayed at the Quinta Don Jose Boutique Hotel twice, and will return again. I can say without reservation it’s a great place to kick back and relax. The hotel is secure, the grounds lovely, the staff very helpful and friendly. It’s located conveniently, so if you want to go shopping, enjoy a different restaurant or bar, it’s an easy walk. However, the hotel has its own excellent restaurant, TlaquePasta (Don’t you love the name?), so you never have to leave if you don’t want to. The restaurant even has live entertainment a few evenings a week.

The rooms are all decorated differently and have unlimited bottled water, a refrigerator, ceiling fans, A.C., and heat. At least one room has a fireplace. A good breakfast is included in the price, and there’s free WiFi everywhere on the property. The staff will pick you up at the airport and can take you other places (Guadalajara, Tonolá, or back to the airport or bus station) for a reasonable fee.

Staying at this well-run, beautiful little hotel will bring a smile to your lips and most likely turn you into a return guest.

Room Tip: If you're a Frida Kahlo fan, ask for "her" room. If you like to spend your evenings i...
4 Thank BWP1
martinez, california
Reviewed 28 January 2012

We were spoiled here. I may never stay at another chain hotel. The room and service were great. They have a huge bottle of agua purificada in your room. The bed was large and comfortable. The bartender didn't remember my name but he remembered our drink order for our entire stay. The continental breakfast was great, especially since we tended to overeat at most meals. One night I tried just the QDJ salad and it was excellent. There was entertainment in the restaurant at night and we enjoyed a local music teacher singing Malaguena. Ask Salvador to prepare his special dessert. La guera borracha. Rich chocolate cake topped with ice cream whipped cream and a cherry. Somewhere along the line he flambes it with tequila. Great presentation and taste. The hotel is located within two blocks of the main shopping area. They sent me an email the other day asking what they could do to improve. For once I was at a loss for words.

Room Tip: We were on the second floor. No wheel chair access but they have first floor poolside rooms that wo...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank unclebillshop
Oaxaca, Mexico
Reviewed 26 January 2012

I can't say enough wonderful things about this hotel. Having lived in Mexico for some time I have been spoiled with the incredible Mexican hospitality, but QDJ really exceeded any expectations I could have had.
The hotel itself is beautiful, the gardens by the pool with the pond and parakeets were a personal favorite. It is perfectly located two blocks from Tlaquepaque center. The bar and restaurant with live music nightly provide the perfect ambience, and the restaurant TlaquePasta served the most delicious food I have eaten yet in this country.
The staff are beyond fabulous, totally helpful, warm and incredibly charming. I will definitely be staying there again in the near future.

Room Tip: The more economical rooms are a bit noisy, so if you can afford to get one by the pool I would recom...
1 Thank DanaKraftNaturopath
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tlaquepaque
0.7 km away
3.0 km away
Hotel El Tapatio & Resort
Hotel El Tapatio & Resort
#8 of 11 in Tlaquepaque

Been to Quinta Don Jose Boutique Hotel? Share your experiences!