“Good diving”

French Kiss Divers
Ranked #2 of 23 Tours in Malapascua Island
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Diving club in Malapascua, north of Cebu, FKD offer dive training from a try to the instructor course. We try our best to share our experience and give you the best equipment and service quality for the price. Small groups, 1pro to 4divers max. We will explore the best dive sites of the island, with a typical Philippine boat with a cover area and drinks onboard, serious fun, serious dives. Enjoy and Kiss the sea.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Lockers / storage, Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

I dived for two days with French kiss divers and overall it was a good experience, we did see the thresher sharks and also some white tip sharks! What could use improving in my opinion is the organisation, on the morning of the dive with the thresher sharks we were the last. Boat to arrive at the location, some people were late and we had to wait for them, also met a bit late in my opinion, at 5, but we did manage to see two of them for like 5 minutes. The first day we did a dive at an unimpressive dive site close to lighthouse and then at lighthouse we did a night dive, not much to see in this location but we did manage to see a huge banded snake. The instructor was French and I didn't like his organising so much, also I felt a bit left out when sometimes he would talk to the others in French, he also realised it and was answering to the questions from my buddies in English so I would understand, but the French just want to go to an island in Philippines for holiday and speak the same language as home, French, which was kind of annoying because they spoke good English also, but whatever. The next day we did some dives at Gato Island with James, a Filipino instructor who was amazing, he showed us two white tip sharks up close, three seahorses, huge cuttlefish hiding to lay its eggs, Spanish dancer and other marine life. It was one of the best dives I ever had! I didn't like the fact that for lunch they used plastic bags to wrap individual portions, like 2 bags per person, so I suggested to them to use a pot or casserole instead, they were open about it and said they will take it into consideration, hope they will! The boat is very nice and big, has toilet also. Equipment was in good shape, they had some new 5 mm suits that were good, never felt cold. Would dive with them again, especially with James, he is a friendly person and experienced dive master, just wish they would tell people to arrive earlier than needed because some will be late anyway haha

All reviews
in 4 reviews
"love diving"
"awesome experience"

Reviewed 6 April 2018

I am an advanced PADI diver with at least 60 or 70 dives under my belt and when I was in Malapascua I chose to dive with French Kiss based on their location and reviews. Right away when I walked in, they were super friendly and helpful (I had walked into another dive shop with an entirely different vibe)
I had the worst dive start ever. I have no idea why, but I panicked on the descent - this has never happened to me. I was having some trouble breathing due to the panic while my mask was filling with water and right away the dive master was able to calm me down and I was able to complete the dive with no other drama. I still have no idea why I panicked or what happened but was so grateful for his quick response allowing me to see the thresher sharks when I was contemplating bailing out of the dive. I highly recommend this dive shop.

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

We only got to dive with them once but it was a pleasure. As opposed to Treasure Shark divers the truly go to the promised dive sites and took us to Gato island as promised. The instructors are very friendly and look after you, explain everything very well and we felt very welcomed and happy at this dive shop. An absolute recommendation (even though it can be a bit chaotic there) - it is like a big family looking after each other.

Reviewed 28 March 2018

I was diving with FKD last February, I had a great Thresher shark dive experience with them. They are very accommodating people. Mariom (not sure about the spelling), she was very friendly to us, we had a great time talking with her on the boat going to the Thresher sharks site. Unfortunately, we only did one dive because they are fully booked for the second boat dive.

I will come back for more for sure.