“Beach full of trash!”
Review of Bounty Beach

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

I'm very sad to see this beach, well all of the beaches in Malapascua is full of trash from diapers, plastic bottles, sachets, straws, shards, and even metal bottle caps. It looks so beautiful but when you try to swim in the beach you could see all the trash. They whole island is literally a huge trash bin. We walk around the whole island and we saw piles of trash everywhere. I wish the resorts will try to clean the sea in front of them not just the shoreline. What really surprised me is that this place has a lot of dive shops and of course they know they impact of plastic in the ocean but why they doesn't clean the shoreline. They're all about money.

3  Thank Mon J
"damage"
"land"
"accommodation"

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Malapascua became famous for this beach with its bright and powderfine sand. It is gone. After the last taifoon beach erosion became severe and unfortunately the layer of fine bright sand is mostly washed away. What is left is mostly rough coral material and coarse sand packed with hotels, restaurants and boats on the whole stretch of the beach. There is good diving still but i can't see any good reason that justifies the long trip here.

2  Thank Robinyy
Reviewed 3 January 2018

This is, without a shadow of a doubt the biggest disappointment of my visit in Philippines. Before I went to Malapascua Island I was at Bantayan Island. I wanted to give 1/5 score to Bantayan but after I saw Malapascua I see that Banatayan is not that bad…
I visited Malapascua with my Filipino girlfriend. She had never been there but heard very nice opinions about this island. We checked photos on the internet, they looked spot on, so we decided to visit since we were at Bantayan already which was not far.
In few words, Malapascua these days (we were there late November 2017) is a one big junkyard with dozens of boats parked up randomly EVERYWHERE. You really have got to have skills to squeeze between them when you want to go for a walk. Bounty Beach??? Nice joke, that sounds like a paradise but is faaaaaaaaaar from it… On top of that, there is a sea grass EVERYWHERE around this island literally like 3-4m from the coastline. Forget about swimming in something like that.
I was not fully happy at Bantayan but I need to admit that I was able to take hundreds of beautiful photos there (trying to hide the mess in the background quite often) but at Malapascua I was not able to take a single good photo, because the whole Bounty Beach is covered by those bloody boats!!!!
I know that Malapascua is for Divers but I was told that if you are not into diving, you will find this island beautiful as well. Now I know that you won`t… and on top of that, even if this is for divers, does it mean that it needs to look like a junkyard? Just take a look at my photos and judge yourself (we were there late November 2017). For me and my Filipino girlfriend, that was the first and the last visit there.

6  Thank Michał R
Reviewed 2 December 2017

I'm not really sure how people got those lovely photos of the beach here. Maybe it's the time of year or something but the whole beach is basically a bangka parking lot, just so many boats pulled up along the beach that it is difficult to find a place to sit and enjoy the sea! It's all a bit of a mess and not very clean, not the paradise beach I read about on travel sites and blogs! The water is not so bad for swimming at high tide but there is a lot of sea grass growing here - should be good for spotting turtles but you don't want to venture too far with all the boats zipping back and forth!

4  Thank Jessica G