All reviews large pool brushing your teeth water supply wet clothes place to stay north bus terminal salt water beautiful island low tide beach front boat malapascua resort dive cr fan maya
Reviewed 19 November 2017

Traveled here with family to enjoy the water.... The rooms are spacious, clean and well attended to... the spa was out of service and could have used some upkeep. Loved the dining area and that served as our central place for almost all of our meals while there for 4 days.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 October 2017 via mobile

The room is old, ill-maintained, dark and stuffy. Staff is noisy everywhere, not very kind and nobody really seems to care about their hotel. Breakfast is typical boring not-so-tasty resort food (Pls dont take me wrong- I love simple well-cooked filipino food). Room cleaning is ok, but towels may not be changed, or clean towels are just carelessly thrown in the room.

I love simple but clean, maintained with “heart” places, and Malapascua Legend is far from that. (It was a group trip and the group decided to use this hotel).

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 June 2017 via mobile

The room was awesome, the pool was clean, the food was fantastic! We arrived at Fun & Sun Dive centre next door as we booked the dive package with the room in this hotel. The girl from the dive centre then brought us to the hotel "front desk". It was actually just a small table with a tip box and a few people. They were conversing in Tagalog while we were looking at them waiting for a reply if we could already check in as it is only 1pm. They did not look at us and after a while the girl from the dive centre told us we can check in already. Phew.. we were also served welcome drinks. The set breakfast was acceptable too. Overall this is a good place to stay.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 May 2017 via mobile

The hotel is located on the south side of the island and that's where most of the tourists spots and dive centers are,
The rooms are clean and good for the price, they have nice swimming pool /friendly staff and spa as well
The break fast is a good open buffet but not a lot of choices
Also they have water sports shop and rentals as well.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 May 2017

I had a backpacker style room in the back over the dive shop. A lot of construction going on and no view from my room. The room was old and worn out. Very dirty. It did have airconditioning and a TV with 3 stations. Only one in english. Basically a waste of a TV. The price jumps from 1800 peso to 2500 for airconditioning. Normally I'm good with a fan, but it was May the hottest month in the PI. They have a huge pool and massage parlor overlooking the pool. They have nice suites, but there are much better backpacker budget rooms on the island. I walked in on a busy weekend so stayed until monday when I got a super nice room elsewhere for the same price 2500 pesos. The staff was friendly and helpful. The free breakfast was less than average as free breakfasts go. It did not inspire me to eat other meals there. There are a few really good restaurants around. They advertise free WiFi, but I could never get on. I needed to book ahead for my vacation and travel, so I changed hotels so I could get an internet connection.

Room Tip: The poolside suites look nice. The backpacker rooms are dirty
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo