Open today: 8:00 am - 9:00 pm
Review Highlights
Epic Diving at Thresher Shark Divers - the best time to come

When travel restrictions opened up we couldn't wait to go back to our favorite destination... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
divingwithme
Brisbane, Australia
Wonderful experience with TSD

I did my Instructor Development Course with Course Director Toni recently. Their dive center is... read more

Reviewed 30 May 2022
jaytowers_ph

Recommended experiences in and around Cebu Island
from USD 120.00
from USD 157.18
from USD 358.98
from USD 133.34
More Info
All reviews dive center diving experience tsd boats dives island malapascua instructor safety frogfish director
Selected filters
Reviewed 10 July 2012

Thresher shark divers are a great operation .
Deano , Marianne , and everyone there were great fun.
Helpful and amazing staff , from the dive shop to the bar and restaurant . Good food , fun times! Filipinos are such wonderful people , always big smiles , and genuine attitudes.
Thresher sharks were beautiful ,dive sites great.

I must say I am getting really disappointed with irresponsible divers who can't help touching and molesting wildlife. What's wrong wrong with these people?

Anyway , trust TSD.

Date of experience: May 2012
Reviewed 8 June 2012

fantastic dive outfit,very well organised.loved every day with TSD,the most professional dive outfit i have used in the philippines.restaurant Oscars above serves superb food and does a good cocktail

Reviewed 1 June 2012

Thresher Shark Divers went above and beyond in their implementation of my Open Water Diving course. I was uncomfortable with diving following my initial skill evaluation session and instead of allowing me to quit, TSD assigned two instructors to work with me until I was comfortable diving. These two instructors, Jo and Fiona, were extremely patient and kind and worked with me at my own pace. They accompanied me on my open water dives and were thrilled when I was certified at the end of my time in Malapascua. TSD also arranged our transfer to and from Malapascua and our accomodations while visiting the island. I would highly recommend Thresher Shark Divers to anyone who is interested in diving in the Philippines!!!!!!!!!!

Reviewed 31 May 2012

You would not expect such a comprehensive, well-organised and professional outfit to be found on what must surely be one of the most beautiful tropical islands in the world, but this is exactly what Thresher Shark Divers is. Diving holds a certain mystical appeal, but when you get in the water, the one thing you want to know is that you're safe and that your instructor is competent. This was never a problem with Threshers. At no point during the entire course (both Open Water and Advanced) did I feel that my safety was compromised. The instruction was first class and prepared me very well for subsequent dives. I feel absolutely confident in both preparing for dives and in being in the water. As a teacher myself it has been interesting to feel the training "kick in" when you're under the water. Diving is supposed to be a relaxing and fascinating sport, but of course there are always risks. Well, after spending a week with Thresher Shark Divers I know that I'll be able to deal with anything it throws at me.

And if you still have your doubts, it might be worth noting that on top of Threshers is a bar and restaurant that cooks excellent food, including a dish called the Full English Gutbuster Breakfast. There's nothing quite like doing an early morning dive, seeing a Thresher Shark, and then chowing-down on a proper English pork sausage.

Date of experience: May 2012
Reviewed 10 May 2012

The week spent on Malapascua was the best week of my vacation and much thanks to TSD. The dive sites around Malapascua are amazing and the staff and instructors at TSD are just great! Kind, professional and fun :)