We were quite unsure about this hotel when we were planning our trip so we decided to go to Malapascua without any room reservations so we can check the rooms first. When we arrived, the staff was very accommodating. Unfortunately, all the a/c rooms were already all booked. They do have, however, the non a/c cottages so we decided to check it out. When we got there, the room was not ready and the mattress had no sheets and etc.. but the view was what made us book immediately! The cottage has a small balcony where you can watch the sea, the room had huge windows and there was no need of a/c. At night, you can hear the waves from your room. We even left our windows open for the whole night .. The place was quiet too. Just below the resort is a small "private" beach but it isn't really ideal for swimming because it is rather rocky. The main beach though is only about 7 mins away by foot so it didn't matter. Overall, I would recommend the resort cottages for a quiet, romantic weekend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tepanee stands on a small hill that rises up from Logon Beach and our territory goes down to our own private sandy beach, an area isolated from the rest of the island from where it’s possible to admire breathtaking sunsets in an area secluded from the rest of the island and where we placed beach umbrellas, sunbeds, a gazebo for massages and our lovely Chiringuito Bar & Restaurant. In addition, in the hill adjacent to the reception is our panoramic Amihan Bar & Restaurant. The name TEPANEE comes from the name of the Polynesian frangipani plant, a tropical tree that graces our gardens with fragrant flowers of various colors. Historically, the concept for our resort followed a philosophy of low environment impact. Most of the building materials are natural and local: wood, bamboo and stones used for the main structures, roofs made of a typical straw named kogon. The buildings are almost invisible from the ocean, even if many are built right on the seaside. Opened on December 8, 2008, Tepanee in the beginning was consisted of 6 independent double cottages and one building of two stories with 4 triple rooms. We have grown, and can now offer you: 6 Deluxe cottages: six independent cottages with a superb ocean view, the best in Malapascua Island. They feature: aircon, ceiling fan, en-suite bathroom, hot shower, minibar, safety box, balcony with sofa, daily cleaning, queen size double bed with option for one or two extra single beds, bamboo and wood furniture, wooden floor, entrance door and windows with mosquito screen and blackout curtains, wifi. 9 Superior cottages: nine independent cottages with aircon, ceiling fan, en-suite bathroom, hot shower, minibar, safety box, balcony with sofa, daily cleaning, queen size double bed with option for one extra single bed, bamboo and wood furniture, wood floor, windows with mosquito screen and blackout curtains, wifi. Some Superior cottages have the ocean view, some have a partial ocean view, some the garden view. 10 Standard rooms: ten rooms together in two different buildings of two stories: five rooms upstairs and three downstairs are double (queen sized bed), two rooms downstairs have two single beds each. All the rooms have private entrance, aircon, ceiling fan, en-suite bathroom, hot shower, minibar, safety box, balcony with sofa, daily cleaning, option for one extra single bed, bamboo and wood furniture, wooden floor, windows with mosquito screen and blackout curtains, wifi, garden view. 4 Budget rooms: four rooms together in two different buildings of two stories: all the rooms are downstairs; three rooms are double (queen sized bed); one room has two single beds and all have private entrance, ceiling fan, en-suite bathroom, balcony with sofa, daily cleaning, bamboo and wood furniture, wooden floor, windows with mosquito screen and blackout curtains, wifi; no aircon, minibar and hot shower. All the rooms have the garden view. We provide for the wifi in all the resort. Please, note that we are in a remote island and the service sometime may be slow or discontinuous. Since December 2012, you can eat and drink right next to our private beach, at the Chiringuito at Sunset Beach Bar & Restaurant, where we serve breakfast and lunch, snacks, drinks and natural fruit juices, cocktails, with soft music in the background. In May 2013, we opened our new Amihan Bar & Restaurant, in a panoramic position on the hill at the new entrance of Tepanee. We are serving the amazing Italian cuisine that Amihan had already become renowned for: pizza, vegetables, fish and grilled meats, pasta and pastries, tropical fruit, wine and much more. Tepanee Beach Resort is located in a non-flat area: from the reception to the rooms and the beach on the back there are stairs to go up and down. The steps are wide and low, but they do exist: please be aware of this when choosing our hotel for your stay. We do not provide hair-dryers and television. We provide beach towels upon request and with payment laundry service. We accept credit cards payments: Visa, Mastercard, American Express and JCB (bank transaction charges apply). We also accept cash payments in Pesos, Euros and US Dollars. Check-in is possible from 2:00 PM. Check-out must be completed by 12:00 noon. Reception is open from 6:00 AM to 11:00 PM. Our staff are delighted to respond to your requests, and we are certain that you will have all you need for relaxing and memorable holiday. Silvia is a scuba diving instructor: during your stay you will have direct assistance with everything concerning scuba dives and diving courses, which can be easily booked through us. Please contact our reception for all the informations and to book the dives. Tepanee organizes transfers from and to Cebu City/Airport/Pier at any time by private van and boat: our boats arrive and depart from our private beach, located inside the Tepanee Beach Resort area. Just contact our reception, please, for all the informations and to book the transfer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia APAC, Booking.com, Wotif.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Tepanee Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tepanee Beach Hotel Malapascua Island
- Tepanee Beach Resort Malapascua Island, Cebu Island