New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Xel-Ha Park All-Inclusive Admission Ticket
Ranked #6 of 201 things to do in Riviera Maya
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Xel-Ha Natural wonder awaits you! Xel-Ha is simply unique! Xel-Ha is one of the world's most beautiful, natural aquariums. And it's all inclusive too!!! Swim and snorkel surrounded by rainbow colored fish who have made the river and inlet their home, take long walks in the middle of the jungle, ride a bike, take the train or just relax while enjoying the lazy river! All these activities are included too!
Berlin, Germany
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 65 helpful votes
“I WANT TO LIVE INSIDE THIS PARK”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2012

When I first arrived in Playar del carman, there are lots of leaflets about Xel-ha, in every hotels, and on the street, everywhere. Usually when I see this kind of thing I will think it is a tourist rip off, so I didn’t even think about going until I heard so many good things from people who stayed in the same hotel, therefore I booked a trip and THANK GOD I did, it is the one of the BEST park I have ever visited.

The main part of the park is the snorkelling area, the lagoon. It is so beautiful with tons of pretty fishes, especially at the flagged area. I even saw a sting ray in there, I snorkelled for hours, just couldn’t get enough of these beautiful fishes. Then we went to eat in the ‘all you can eat’ buffet, they have amazing fried rice and fajita, especially the beef and pork. I had 3 plateful of food, so amazing. Then we took a walk around the whole park, I love how this park just combined perfectly with nature, it feels like I was walking in the jungle.

Then we did the rafting, zip line, walking on the rope (looks fun but so much hard work) and cliff jumping, it is an amazing day. The day passed so quickly though and I still got so much that I wanted to do, therefore I went back to Xel-Ha few days later, therefore I recommend people to go for 2 days, because you really can’t do everything in one day. I will definitely go back.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
  • Turkish first
Calgary, Canada
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Beautiful snorkelling, but OVERPRICED and OVERCROWDED”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2012

We went to xel-ha after going on several other private excursions that we had booked ourselves. This was our first mistake. If you go to Xel-Ha, you should not do anything else privately... then you wont know what you're missing or how much less you're getting for about 5 times the amount of money... Xel-Ha is a beautiful lagoon with gorgeous fish, weather... that's about all the good things I can say about it. It is overcrowded with tourists, and not exactly a great experience if you're looking to fully enjoy the snorkelling and Mexican surroundings. It is also EXORBITANTLY priced. For example, we went on a private excursion that I found (Thanks to Tripadvisor) and we were out from 7 am to 6 pm. We snorkelled, we swam with turtles, we went into the underground cenotes, and we went zip-lining.. oh, and also went on a tour of the Tulum ruins. All of this for 1/5 of the price of a half day at Xel-Ha. Not to mention our tour only consisted of 6 other people - so a total of 8 altogether. We much preferred the smaller group to the ten million other tourists at Xel-Ha...
Just my two cents... research your trip beforehand and go somewhere else for less money where you get much more out of your experience.

Visited June 2011
4 Thank afrikanmama
ExperienciasXcaret, Customer Service at Xel-Ha, responded to this review, 30 March 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post this review. Regarding your comment we would like to say that Xel Ha is a family park where amateur and expert snorkelers can have an enjoyable and relax day experience to swim with over 200 different species of fish that live in the natural lagoon. We are sorry that more of 20 activities and attractions like the River, Caprices Bay, and Cliff of courage, Swing Rope, Floating bridge and Trepachanga, Bicycle Station and many more that are included in the price of your admission did not exceed your expectation. Besides, with your ticket you can eat and drink as many times as you wish on 4 restaurants and 4 bars we offer to our visitors.

Furthermore, the Xel-Há tickets are available at a discounted rate on our website as long as you book your tickets 7 days in advance. We also use part of your ticket price for the conservation of endangered species such as the red macaw and pink seashell.

We certainly hope you enjoyed the rest of your stay here in Mexico. Remember you always be welcome on this Natural Wonder.
London
68 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 611 helpful votes
“A fun day out!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2012

We went to Xel-Ha on an all inclusive basis. You had to pay for hiring of snorkle and flippers and glasses. The food was reasonable and plenty to drink. There was lots to see and a good walk round. I loved the baloon rings where you floated down the river pulled by the current. There were also various dives. There are restaurants and drinks stations but they all seem to be together so it can be a long walk to get a drink sometimes. We did the trip visiting the Tolum site first which was fabulous with beautiful views of the ruins. Xel-Ha offer a photo taking service but when we went to view our photos they could not be found. We were handed a card which told you that you could view them on-line. This we tried to do but it says that you are unable to view the photos unless you have previously purchased them. Not good as the photos could not be found to purchase in the first place. Although it says that it is "all inclusive" you found that a lot of the activities had to be paid for on top of the "all inclusive" price eg stingray, dolphins, Manatee, snuba, massage etc. It is worth a visit but take plenty of money with you as it is not "all inclusive" as they say.

4 Thank Katie L
ExperienciasXcaret, Customer Service at Xel-Ha, responded to this review, 6 April 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post this review. Regarding your comments about your photos we invite you to click on our official web site, on the left side of the main screen you will find a blue button for Photos, and you will be able to see your pictures (on the left window).

Moreover, we are sorry that the “All inclusive” which has many benefits such as: services of lockers, towels, snorkeling gear, food and national drinks from 09:30 hrs. to 17:30 hrs, river transport, bicycles, tires, life jackets, zip lines and guided tours did not meet your expectations. On the other hand is important to mention that the snorkeling gear is not an extra charge it is a refundable deposit of $25US that we give back when you return you equipment. Regarding the reason of having Optional Activities is to offer additional recreation and also thinking on those visitors who have short periods of time in the destiny and want to save time avoiding traveling to other sites on different days.

We are glad you enjoyed your walk around the park and hope that you had the opportunity to explore the paths of our natural reserve where you find a selection of phrases and thoughts printed along the route, as well as, the rainforest where you find the habitat of more than 100 species of birds and around 230 species of plants, flowers and trees. It is nice to hear that you love the floating tires; it is a perfect activity where you can relax and admire the spectacular scenery of the Caribbean Sea. Also we appreciate your comments regarding the food and beverages offered in our 4 bars and 4 Mexican and International restaurants which are located in different points of the park.

We are very proud to share our Mexican culture with our visitors, if you were delighted with Tulum mayan ruins, you will love to visit “Chichen Itzá”, consider one of the New Seven Wonders of the World.

We thank you for your feedback and highly value your opinion, looking forward to welcome you again in Xel Ha.
Montreal, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Worth every penny”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2012

This place was fantastic for snorkelling. its a beautiful site, the water is calm and you really see a lot of fish. You can snorkle for as long as you want. You leave your stuff at the entry point. They give you a key which you keep on your neck. When you get back from snorkelling on the other side of the river, you just go and get your stuff, which will be waiting for you there. They are very well organized. They provide towels which you can change as many times as you want. Its an all inclusive place like a hotel, so you can choose between a couple of restaurants and bars and eat and drink all you want when you are done with the sports. Aside snorkelling there are others activities that you can do but I would say the main point of going there is really the snorkelling. I loved it and even though I though it was expensive for a day-trip at first, when I saw all that they offer over there I changed my mind. Its totally worth the money.

Visited June 2011
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 56 helpful votes
“An absolute bang for your buck”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2012

We had last been to Xel Ha in the 1980's. It's changed a bit but the natural beauty is still there. There is so much variety to keep young and old busy all day. Food and drink, included in the all inclusive price, is available non stop. Everything is there for your convenience: towels, lockers, snorkel gear, water toys. The entire park is kept immaculately clean. Residents of Mexico with ID get 50% discount.