“Wonderful hotel, superb restaurant” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Des Pins

Hotel Des Pins
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Bedoin
Johannesburg, South Africa
“Wonderful hotel, superb restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2011

We stayed here for 3 nights while part of a self-guided cycle tour. The room was a good size and comfortable, the staff friendly and the dinners superb, probably the best out of our 3 weeks in France!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank CSW1

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2011

A friend and I recently did a self-guided cycle trip in Provence (the trip organiser is Cyclomundo). The trip took us to different hotels every night. On the 3rd night, we stayed in Hotel Des Pins in Bedoin.

Mt Ventoux is one of the itinerary on day 3, and it did not disappoint ! Unfortunately, we were caught out by the weather (rain, strong wind and chill). By the time we got to Chalet Reynard (1300m), we were soaked and I was feeling too cold to descend (to continue the ascend in the strong chilly wind would be another type of madness). We rang Hotel Des Pins, and the owner then came in his rescue van to collect us and our bikes. For that, I am eternally grateful.

When I arrived at the hotel, I was blown away. The room we've got is tastefully designed like a loft apartment.The room is clean and spacious, with toilet and bath on the 2nd level, a direct access to the garden, and the beds are very comfortable. There are hammocks, table tennis table, spa and an inviting pool - none of them I've had a chance to enjoy as it was still raining (I know, Provence ?! unbelievable :D).

We had dinner in the hotel restaurant, which was full and I will tell you why. The wine was beautiful, the food was gorgeous, the cheeses are quality and the bread is the best I've had in Provence (and most of Paris). Breakfast was included in our stay, and it certainly lived up to expectations. I was delighted by the freshly picked cherries at the fruit bar !

I've added photos with my review, and I hope they show you how lovely Hotel Des Pins is. Although I didn't know it before then, Hotel Des Pins is exactly what I needed after Mt Ventoux !

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank Zeezee101
Exeter, NH
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2011

My wife and I arrived here after spending four nights in a tiny Paris hotel room. The room here was large and and had a full bathtub. The only problem was that we expected a double bed and had a room with two twins. We mentioned this to the manager and said that it wasn't a problem. When we came back from dinner that night, the beds had been joined together into a king size. That was well beyond what we expected and indicative of the level of service provided. The breakfasts are very good with pastries, fruit, cheese and meat...far more than the usual French breakfast. Cyclists are welcome and there is a separate locked storage area for bicycles which was a real convenience. There is even a special cyclist massage. The only negative is that it is about a mile trip into town, fine if you have a car but a long walk.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Location
      Rooms
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bedoin
6.0 km away
12.8 km away
Le Mas d'Helene
Le Mas d'Helene
#4 of 8 in Vaison-la-Romaine

Been to Hotel Des Pins? Share your experiences!