All reviews retreat center sweat lodge yoga meditation room was very clean and comfortable big room las cuevas beach wonderful week jungle ocean hammocks mexico waves vacation excursions dance sand
Reviewed 7 June 2017

Stumbled across this lovely spot by accident and had a few drinks one night and decided to return the next for dinner. Wonderful friendly and helpful staff - great drinks menu and lovely food. Thanks for having us! Sonya and Gary, New Zealand

Date of stay: June 2017
Reviewed 30 March 2017

This place is a little gem. We had extremely good service, food and stay. I was so happy for my yoga retreat. We had a wonderful bonding experience with the center and the scene is perfect. Amber the bartender took great care of us and she is training a new bartender who will soon follow in her great foot steps. The front desk staff was always eager to help. The kitchen staff was so generous. We caught a fish and brought it back to them and they cooked it up for us at lunch on top of our other lunch and presented it so beautifully. There was also an older woman who feel down the stairs during our stay by way of total accident and they kitchen staff was helping her with ever meal and getting her refills of everything. The accommodations were also perfect for what we needed. We had an ocean view and a giant bath tub and a nice balcony. The waves put me to sleep every night by 10pm, my kind of sleep. The spa was perfect, there was a window to hear the noises outside of my room and Veronica gave me a fantastic deep tissue. I was so relaxed all day after. They have a very majestic Jacuzzi outside along with a polar plunge pool next to it. We ended every night there. I really cannot stress how wonderful our trip was. Pictures to come! P.S. The resort dog is extremely therapeutic.

Room tip: All rooms are clean, I would advise facing the ocean because it is a stunning view
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank MichaelaJ496
Reviewed 16 March 2017

It was a long uphill climb to our room but the view was spectacular from our balcony. In room coffee would have been much appreciated for this senior lady who had to make the long, strenuous climb early each morning to retrieve her caffeine fix. The dining room staff were attentive to our needs and accommodated my dietary preferences nicely. The big disappointment for me is that I was not a part of any group retreat taking place and what I came for was my own definition of wellness. I had so-o-o-o- looked forward to using the jacuzzi in the spa area as well as the one poolside. However the poolside jacuzzi had working jets but cold, cold water as the heater element was broken. I was told it was on order. The spa jacuzzi had nice warm water but no working jet system. When I mentioned this to the front desk they did detail maintenance to work on it but they were unable to fix it. Another woman who was staying there told me this is her fourth time there and the jacuzzi jets in the spa area have never worked as far back as she can remember. My stay was seven days and I did not allow this to steal the joy from my wonderful trip to Mexico but I was very disappointed.

Room tip: If you cannot climb a lot of stairs or uphill ramp, be sure to tell them when reserving a room.
Date of stay: February 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 15 March 2017

Let's be honest. There is NOT AC in every room, even if you pay for it and it is advertised that way. That's what we found out when we arrived. In addition, they tried to slap us with an additional $50 during checkout (so a total of $100 each) for a "tip fee" that they forgot to tell us about. But the icing on the cake for me was when one of their employees thought (because I had tan skin) that I was a local trying to eat for "free" off of the buffet. She questioned me in Spanish (which I don't speak). When I informed the front desk, they merely shrugged their shoulders.

With that said, the property is right on the beach and a beautiful easy 15 minute walk down to the town. The food is absolutely delicious. And what i loved is that they don't force gluten or dairy free on you like other resorts. Instead, they accommodate special diets separately. Bar staff are friendly.

The front desk service is lacking, however. For that reason and for being questioned for looking like a local while serving myself food during meal time, I'm not sure I'll be back.

Room tip: It's not necessary to pay extra for an ocean view. You won't be in your room except to sleep.
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
MardeJade_Chacala, Owner at Mar de Jade Retreats Wellness Vacation, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2018

Dear Guest,
I am sorry your experience with us was not 100% satisfactory. We pride ourselves on our warm and friendly service and it's disappointing that was not the feeling you walked away with.
Please know that we spoke with the staff member attending the buffet that you mention, and she said that she was trying to start a friendly conversation with you (she only speaks Spanish) as she does with many of our guests. At no moment, however, did she assume you were a "local trying to eat for free" as she knew you were a guest and that is not a situation that ever happens. I am curious, if you don't speak Spanish, as you say, how did you know that was what she was saying to you in Spanish? It sounds like a misunderstanding due to a language barrier.
As far as A/C we do have it in all of our Ocean and Garden category rooms. Our guest rooms with loft don't have a/c, however, this is clearly stated in the description of the room on our website. Our rates for groups, which you were a part of, do include gratuities, which is displayed separately on the bill. It wasn't an additional fee, but rather part of the total you were quoted. However, at your request they removed the gratuity from the total.
We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you on another occasion to show you the warm hospitality that we pride ourselves on.

Reviewed 13 March 2017 via mobile

The property is beautiful, clean and everyone is so incredibly friendly. Accommodations are lovely, beds are comfortable and each room is equipped with AC. There are safes in the rooms and cold and hot drinking water dispensers available throughout the property. Morning and afternoon meditation and yoga sessions are enjoyable and taught by well trained instructors (Yoga mats and props are provided). The food is buffet style served three times a day. While the breakfasts and lunches are great, I found the dinners to be mediocre at times. In addition, the one draw back to buffet style eating is that you have to eat at a specific time so keep that in mind if you enjoy more flexibility with your meal planning. They prefer that you eat sooner than later, and if you wait, there may not be much food left.
There are several additional activities available on the premises as well as excursions away from the resort. The sweat lodge was enjoyable and the massage sessions were fabulous!
This is a great place to go away and relax and have time for yoga, meditation and self reflection. That being said, this is not an ideal place for small children.

Trip type: Travelled with friends