See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 25 September 2013

My wife and i went to Bela Bela for our 17th wedding anniversary and booked in at Villa Palmeira.
Upon arrival, we were treated to having our bags collected from our car for us and taken to our room. The room was extremely pleasant and comfortable and we had our own little balcony. The staff were absolutely fantastic and very accommodating. On the Saturday evening that we were there for dinner, they had set up a table for us outside on our little balcony, very nicely decorated and served us a 3 course meal. The were always available on call and were very friendly and helpful.

I wish to thank Villa Palmeira for all the wonderful service that they provided and we will certainly be back again for another visit.

Room Tip: When you do your booking, i would suggest that you deal directly with the owner, this way there are no mix ups or errors in your booking and you get complete satisfaction.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 May 2013

We booked and paid online through website SAPlaces, however shortly after we had booked in a Mr Henno Muller, apparently the owner, phoned and queried the price we had paid. He was extremely rude and gave me a hard time. I explained that we had booked through SA Places and only after a while did he calm down and apologize. There is no proper reception, one would at least expect proper records of bookings, but these do not exist at all. However, Douglas who manages the lodge is very helpful, and tried his very best to make our stay a happy one. I think he was so embarrassed by Henno Muller's rudeness, but he didnt say anything. I would therefore not recommend this lodge at all. Stay away, especially if you want to book and pay online!!!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
6  Thank DirkU4
Reviewed 17 January 2013

My experience with Villa Palmeira was very disappointing. They need to improve on their booking system; mine was messed up this December due to their clueless booking agents. There were other guests at the same time with us who had paid the deposit but were told the person ran away with their money and could not be accomodated. We fortunately got 2 nights at theWaterberg (self-catering) which was not too bad but had to move back for 2 nights at the Guest House; Family room had no bathroom door yet it lead into the small bedroom. Breakfast was horrible with options of cheap sausages or chips with eggs served with some concentrated juice. My family and I left a day early and would never recommend this place. Worst experience ever

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Ompsta
Reviewed 12 October 2012

We stayed here for three nights from 13th till 16th September 2012 using a Groupon offer. We arrived on a Thursday evening. We were a bit worried that the parking, which although under a carport, was across the street from the lodgings but it turned out fine! (We are from Gauteng so we are paranoid about things like that!) The staff was nice and friendly. We were given Room 14, on the second floor, which was extremely spacious. It had a mini-fridge and tea/coffee making facilities. We had a door which opened out onto a wooden deck with a patio set. There is a set of stairs from the deck down to the pool and bar area. The room and bathroom were clean and very nicely decorated. The bathroom had a shower which we specifically asked for. I would have liked a safe in the room to lock up our jewellery as we went to the hot springs where you wouldn’t want to wear it. The swimming pool was still being cleaned during the time we stayed there. A continental breakfast was included in the price which consisted of yoghurt (some of the yoghurts contained gelatine which I could not eat as I am a vegetarian and Hindu), muffins, toast, jams, cheese, tea/coffee and juice. I would have liked to have seen some “special” breads/pastries such as croissants but it was quite nice otherwise. We did not eat supper here. Villa Palmeira is very quite and peaceful. It is also just a few minutes (literally) drive from the hot springs. If you plan on going in and out many times a day you might get a bit annoyed because the house has one main entrance which someone has to open for you (for safety reasons I’m sure) but if you were like us and go out in the morning and come back in the evening then it will be fine. I would recommend it to couples looking for a quite getaway. Very nice place! Nirvana Jaganath

Room Tip: Room 14 was large with a door that opened out on the wooden deck, with a shower
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 July 2012

We arrived on the Friday evening, reception was friendly and helpful. Supper was terrible with dry rice, dry chicken & pumpkin. You do not get a chance to order something to drink, you get given a glass of cooldrink that has been made from water and some cordial mix! Supper on Saturday night was not much better. The bed in our room had uncomfortable springs pushing out of the matress as well as lumpy pillows. The wood on the patio had not been treated in so long and everytime we went outside, we were worried that we could end up on the bottom floor. The worst was the 4 little dogs in the room next to us! Everytime we moved, they would start barking!! I will definately not go back again.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
VP_55, Owner at Villa Palmeira Petit Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2012

Dear Guest

I would like to invite you to write to us in order to sort any problems out. As advertised on the special deal you purchased, you were made aware of the fact that the meal was only one course. I am sorry you did not enjoy it, but you could have directly contacted us? I do invite you to do so. I have nothing to hide.

Please do so whoever you are?

Thanks