See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 19 July 2012

We arrived on the Friday evening, reception was friendly and helpful. Supper was terrible with dry rice, dry chicken & pumpkin. You do not get a chance to order something to drink, you get given a glass of cooldrink that has been made from water and some cordial mix! Supper on Saturday night was not much better. The bed in our room had uncomfortable springs pushing out of the matress as well as lumpy pillows. The wood on the patio had not been treated in so long and everytime we went outside, we were worried that we could end up on the bottom floor. The worst was the 4 little dogs in the room next to us! Everytime we moved, they would start barking!! I will definately not go back again.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
VP_55, Owner at Villa Palmeira Petit Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2012

Dear Guest

I would like to invite you to write to us in order to sort any problems out. As advertised on the special deal you purchased, you were made aware of the fact that the meal was only one course. I am sorry you did not enjoy it, but you could have directly contacted us? I do invite you to do so. I have nothing to hide.

Please do so whoever you are?

Thanks

Reviewed 21 May 2012

I don't understand why anybody would be unhappy with the honeymoon suite. I stayed in the honeymoon suite and it was wonderful.
The hotel is 3star, so I did not expect much. But the honeymoon suite was 5star. And very quiet and peacefull.
The management and staff go out of their way to make your stay as comfortable as possible. They event went out in the middle of the night to buy pain tablets for me when I had a migraine. The food is excellent - nice home cooked meals the way your mother makes it.
Gerhard and Douglas are the best! I can recomend this place.

Room Tip: The honeymoon suite is not above the reception and is very quiet. I also saw that room no 14, 12 and 5 are VERY spacious.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 November 2011

The staff at Villa Palmeira go out of their way to help and assist wherever they can. They even helped us with bookings at local attractions at discount prices. Villa Palmeira is a 3-star property, but the service and attention that you get makes for a 5-star experience. All the rooms have aircon - a wonderful luxury in the bushveld heat. The rooms are also very spacious!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Mandy F
Reviewed 11 November 2011

I've stayed at Villa Palmeira Petit Hotel in Bela Bela a number of times and have always come away feeling refreshed and pampered. The owner/manager is one of the nicest people I've ever met, and always go out of his way to make my stay there a pure pleasure. In fact, he has gone beyond what is "expected" of an establishment such as this.
The hotel is in a very quiet area, yet very close to all amenities.
I can highly recommend this establishment.

Room Tip: All rooms are quiet. For a private balcony, ask for a room on first floor.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Vida N
Reviewed 10 November 2011

We stayed here for 4 nights in the honeymoon suite and it was beter than expected. We would rate this as 4 star and higher. It was really quiet and we enjoyed wonderful lazy days in the room. It is such a big room that we could even have our own space. the owner help us so much with bookings, ideas and the food was great. They really know their stuff.

• Stayed: October 2011