See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 5 February 2015

I really thought it was abandoned.....I have never seen anything like it......only wish I could forget the smell! The mail order bride who barely spoke English said "get out while I cover smell with spray"..... Bedspreads were threadbare, bar fridge was from before electricity was invented and falling apart, Looked like something to be rented 'by the hour', no milk, coffee, tea, or wifi that was on ad, rusty car body, boat, planks of wood, rotting mangoes, overgrown and the whole place looks NOTHING like pictures!!

Stayed: February 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Cavelle W
Reviewed 25 January 2015

Terrible manager, disgusting facilities, rooms unhygienic. We stayed here 24/01/2015 room number 5. We checked in last minute due to car troubles, we paid for a room and got the one next to the managers office. During our time there a friend that lived close by stopped by to help fix the car as we were travelling back to Sydney the next morning. Whilst returning back from the car we found the manager with his ear to the door trying to eavesdrop. I stood and watched him do this for 5 minutes, I then confronted the creep and asked what he was doing he then replied "that there is one to many persons in the room" which we replied "this is our friend that is fixing our car, he is not staying" we ended up paying him extra money just to have a guest over for no more than an hour.
Apart from that the room had to of been the most unhygienic place I have ever stayed.
PLEASE NOTE WE WOULD OF SLEPT IN THE CAR HAD WE OF KNOWN WHAT A CREEP HE WAS AND HOW DISGUSTING THE ROOM WAS.(WEIRDO)
ALSO WE ONLY GAVE ONE STAR BECAUSE YOU HAVE TO IN ORDER TO LEAVE A REVIEW OTHERWISE THEY WOULD OF RECEIVED A BIG 0!!!!!!! DO NOT STAY

Room Tip: Just don't come here!! Sleep in your car
  • Stayed: January 2015, travelled with friends
2  Thank Travellertobe1
Reviewed 15 January 2015

This motel should be cheaper than what they charge. Very poor in every regard. No milk provided for tea and coffee, I had to ask for batteries for the tv remote (which I didn't get), door did not lock properly and everything was very run down. The biggest turn off was the broken smoke alarms! I mentioned this at the office and was told " the girls always take the batteries out because they are scared of being taped". MMM, they didn't tell me they rent the rooms by the hour also.

Room Tip: It wouldn't matter.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank katier462
Reviewed 4 January 2015

lets start first when we got there we thought that the motel was closed.we stood outside the reception and called for 5 mins till a man came out sweating from the back to open the reception and let us in the reception and took us to show us the rooms frankly lucky we picked the up stairs
room.we took our bags into the room and then we thought to make a cup of tea the electric kettle
was a joke i havent seen a kettle like this even any home will not use this a white kettle turned into
black inside which was very filthy and the room the chairs and tables if they cant buy newones there a cheap tables and chairs in salvo plus there bath towels where years old that we could not believe.i cant understand how these motels gets there stars of rating.in GOLD COAST.parking is a big problem there boat and junk car takes the space.swimming pool not clean to use for guests and its not been cleaned for a long time the water colour tells the story.

• Stayed: December 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank lesliewhippy
Reviewed 15 November 2014

Lets begin with the obvious. If you loved 1985 then you will love the decor of the rooms. I had forgotten the joy of getting up out of bed to turn the tv on or off (and waiting a moment for the tube to warm up in it). I was unable to park in the space allocated to my room because it was occupied by a vehicle which from all outward indications has not moved in several years. Another space was occupied by a boat which I can only assume has actually at some point in its past seen genuine water. High Speed Wireless internet seemed to be somewhere between adsl1 and dial up.
The fan has three speeds, barely moving, warp 6 and warp 8. There's no screen doors. Many fittings both inside and out had a delightful patina of rust etc. There is a general feeling of former glory everywhere.
However, the people were lovely. They were welcoming, hospitable, patient with my questions and were really quite genuine and polite. Would I stay here again? Yes. Absolutely. This is not champagne on a beer budget, this is beer on a coffee budget. The beach is so, so close. The public transport availability is there, and let's face it - you are not going there to live in the room 24/7 but to shower and sleep and explore the world around. The shower was hot. The fridge was cold. The bed was a bed. The chair was a chair.
I went. I stayed. I payed not much.

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled solo