Lowest prices for your stay
Fully refundable before Fri, 31 May
Fully refundable before Sat, 1 June
Agoda.com
AU$151
Easy and fast booking
Dave H

Hotel failed to deliver what I bought

2.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 31 Mar 2024
Hotel room was nice, breakfast good, but the hotel failed to honor the offer that I bought: Package inclusions:
Bottle of sparkling wine - Didn't offer until I asked over and over.
Daily buffet breakfast - Provided and was good
Complimentary shuttle to beach & Pacific Fair Shopping Centre - not provided which meant a lot of uber costs
Welcome cocktail per adult - not provided
Bottle of wine on arrival - not provided
Choice of either 12pm early check-in or midday checkout - asked for early checking, but not provided
Inclusions valid for two adults I spoke to the manager who said she had to check with head office about the inclusions that they offered. She never got back to me with an answer.
Beware staying here and what they offer in your package.
Date of stay: March 2024
Room Tip: Beware of any extras that this hotel offers to you.
Trip type: Travelled with friends
    1.8 km from Mermaid Waters Hotel by Nightcap Plus
    Restaurant
    Room service
    View more hotels in Mermaid Waters
    All reviews the gold coast family room great room reception staff buffet breakfast singles heaps
    Selected filters
    Reviewed 16 February 2024

This was a nice place, it was lucky I got a good deal with 1 of my online memberships. It turns out it was 100% a good decision too choosing to stay here also with the business I was in the area for. The breakfast thrown in was amazing!! I loved it too

Room tip: If you're travelling on public transport, there's bus stops nearby. The bond they prefer to do electronically & room payment so it's easier?
    Date of stay: February 2024
    • Trip type: Travelled on business
    1  Thank Aviva B
    Reviewed 31 January 2024

Firstly I would congratulate the photographer for his photo enhancement on some exotic looking pictures. Nothing like real thing! The room was obviously kitted out for handicapped people - drab and oversized. The bed was soft and springless…2 singles not an extra large double. 1st night we decided to eat at the restaurant, waited over an hour for our Barramundi which I have to say when it finally arrived, certainly did not justify the price tag…and the brown sauce on the salad…who knows! The redeeming factor would have to be the breakfast - FOR FREE AND EDIBLE!
    3rd night no sleep due to a bus load of Asian tourists that kept us awake all night with people arguing and children screaming and playing in the passage.
    All in all not what I would expect from a 4**** hotel.
    Staff were good and helpful.

Date of stay: February 2023
    • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
    2  Thank Journey452826
    Reviewed 11 January 2024 via mobile

Pool area was lovely and the staff were pleasant. Room was nice, comfortable bed and pillows, check out 10am, no option to extend check out time and nowhere to have a shower - found that bizarre.

Breakfast was one of the worst I’ve ever experienced in a hotel, coffee awful. Only scrambled eggs?!

Ok location, head north up the coast - down not worth your steps.

Date of stay: January 2024
    Trip type: Travelled solo
    2  Thank Hels1212
    Reviewed 12 December 2023

Mermaid Waters Hotel Nightcap Plus required a $200 bond on arrival. I do not agree with this method. I know that most places even car rental companies have your card details and hold this information until everything is verified at end of your stay or return of vehicle. If there is anything wrong then they make a withdraw from your account, not on arrival. You withdrew the payment for the accommodation and the $200 dollar bond at the same time. We got told that it would be returned on Saturday night on the proviso that there was nothing wrong with the room. (Which there wasn't) My Husband checked in on Sunday to find that it had not been returned. I called the Hotel to find that this would not be returned to our account for 3-4 working days. Theoretically we were out of pocket to the sum of $200 for 5-6 days and as we are pensioners this makes life quite difficult for us. I queried why the hotel thought it was right to withdraw a bond on booking into the hotel. Why they could not leave all information in the system and withdraw if there was anything wrong. No need to take the money out beforehand. The Manager on duty explained that they could not do that because if there was anything wrong the hotel would have to wait up to 30 days to receive any monies from the card. But it is alright to have, us, the customer waits up to 5-6 days to get our money back. I believe that this system is ridiculous and should be looked at for further bookings made by customers. Plus, the daytime Manager said that she would email a copy of our receipt for return of bond to me and this was never done.

Room tip: Be aware of the Bond requirements here.
    Date of stay: October 2023
    • Trip type: Travelled with family
    4  Thank susancX9544YV
    Reviewed 27 October 2023

The room was quiet which is what I requested. It was quite roomy. I woke up to a faint unpleasant odour.
    After a bit of investigating, I discovered a used towel, used hand towel, used face cloth, and a half of a used soap bar.
    The reception staff were courteous and responded to my complaint by arranging for the Manager of the cleaning staff to meet me in my room. When she arrived she was under the impression that I had requested more towels. A bit of mis-communication. However, she said she would look into it. It could have been a really good review but the odour kind of spoiled the experience. However, I would still recommend the property.

Room tip: I requested a quiet room and I was pleased with the room I got on the 3rd floor.
    Date of stay: October 2023