Lowest prices for your stay
Fully refundable before Fri, 3 May
Breakfast included
Priceline
Fully refundable before Fri, 3 May
Go to your Happy Price
Fully refundable before Sat, 4 May
Breakfast included
Get rewarded with One Key
All reviews the gold coast family room great room reception staff buffet breakfast singles heaps
Selected filters
Reviewed 11 January 2024 via mobile

Pool area was lovely and the staff were pleasant. Room was nice, comfortable bed and pillows, check out 10am, no option to extend check out time and nowhere to have a shower - found that bizarre.

Breakfast was one of the worst I’ve ever experienced in a hotel, coffee awful. Only scrambled eggs?!

Ok location, head north up the coast - down not worth your steps.

Date of stay: January 2024
Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank Hels1212
Reviewed 12 December 2023

Mermaid Waters Hotel Nightcap Plus required a $200 bond on arrival. I do not agree with this method. I know that most places even car rental companies have your card details and hold this information until everything is verified at end of your stay or return of vehicle. If there is anything wrong then they make a withdraw from your account, not on arrival. You withdrew the payment for the accommodation and the $200 dollar bond at the same time. We got told that it would be returned on Saturday night on the proviso that there was nothing wrong with the room. (Which there wasn't) My Husband checked in on Sunday to find that it had not been returned. I called the Hotel to find that this would not be returned to our account for 3-4 working days. Theoretically we were out of pocket to the sum of $200 for 5-6 days and as we are pensioners this makes life quite difficult for us. I queried why the hotel thought it was right to withdraw a bond on booking into the hotel. Why they could not leave all information in the system and withdraw if there was anything wrong. No need to take the money out beforehand. The Manager on duty explained that they could not do that because if there was anything wrong the hotel would have to wait up to 30 days to receive any monies from the card. But it is alright to have, us, the customer waits up to 5-6 days to get our money back. I believe that this system is ridiculous and should be looked at for further bookings made by customers. Plus, the daytime Manager said that she would email a copy of our receipt for return of bond to me and this was never done.

Room tip: Be aware of the Bond requirements here.
Date of stay: October 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
4  Thank susancX9544YV
Reviewed 27 October 2023

The room was quiet which is what I requested. It was quite roomy. I woke up to a faint unpleasant odour.
After a bit of investigating, I discovered a used towel, used hand towel, used face cloth, and a half of a used soap bar.
The reception staff were courteous and responded to my complaint by arranging for the Manager of the cleaning staff to meet me in my room. When she arrived she was under the impression that I had requested more towels. A bit of mis-communication. However, she said she would look into it. It could have been a really good review but the odour kind of spoiled the experience. However, I would still recommend the property.

Room tip: I requested a quiet room and I was pleased with the room I got on the 3rd floor.
Date of stay: October 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank Louiedafly
Reviewed 3 August 2023 via mobile

Stayed here for one night. Managed to get a last minute booking. Check in was easy, nice room and clean bathroom.
Beds were really comfy.
Room included breakfast which we thought stopped at 10 however it actually stops at 0930.
When we asked the restaurant Staff about this, they were eager to help us out. Most had been packed away however toast was still out and juice which she made sure we were happy with and told us take time etc as they were clearing up.
Little things go a long way so thank you

Room tip: Breakfast stops at 0930
Date of stay: July 2023
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank Sam61293
Reviewed 20 May 2023 via mobile

Very disappointing in many areas. A large group of stamping ladies met here for the day for a card making event. The morning began with the reception staff telling my friend and myself that there was no lift to the event room, despite being told by the organiser that reception staff would tell us where the lift was if we asked. So the two ladies with walking difficulties had to walk up the stairs. There was in fact a lift. Lunch was abysmal, sandwiches were uninspiring and the hot selection very limited, not enough for everyone. A cheese platter was provided with big hunks of cheese, but no knife to cut them and no tongs to handle any food. The lunch dishes and left overs remained until 3:30 when the promised afternoon tea finally arrived. Again, no utensils or cutlery. The scones were hard and stale and the fruit was cut into huge chunks, with no cutlery. The day was great but no thanks to the venue.

Date of stay: May 2023