“Well priced for a family but you really need to have a car”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Sailfish Cove

and 1 more site!
Sailfish Cove
Victoria, Australia
“Well priced for a family but you really need to have a car”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2012

We stayed here for 7 days with our four young children and we paid $650 for the week - fantastic price compared to other resorts anywhere on the gold coast. My parents were also with us and were upgraded for free to a 3 bedroom unit so they could be close to us instead of on the other side of the resort, which is great customer service in my opinion! The two lots of people staying directly next door to us both complained that their unit was filthy but ours was very clean (and anyway, with 4 little kids, a room on the messy side is much better than a pristine one where all I have to do is worry about spoiling it!)The pools were beautiful and most times we were the only ones there. On the down side, I was surprised that there was no digital tv or top box in either ours or my parent's unit. The resort is a long way from anywhere (there is a bus which goes on the half hour to pacific fair/ casino/ sea world) but I think you really need a car when you've got tired kids to haul around! The cooking supplies are limited (2 saucepans and 1 totally unusable frying pan) and its always hard to cook on an electric stove when you are used to the luxury of gas! It would be great to have a BBQ area there and also a communal clothesline to dry clothes instead of relying on the dryer. But on the whole I would recommend this place for families who don't need five star accommodation to have an enjoyable holiday.

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank leeplusthree

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Laurieton, New South Wales, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2012

I found this place from a man selling holiday accommodation at my local market.Sounded good at the time.What a mistake! This place is a dump!Everything is very dirty and needs a good clean. Alot of things broken or not working at all.I booked two townhouses for myself and my family for one week from 10 March 2012.Was not happy at all and let the office staff know.Will not be returning, and will not be recomending this place to anyone.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
7 Thank Alicia W
Brisbane, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2012

This is actually a townhouse with a lot of permanently residing families, in Robina which is away from the real gold coast action. However, for those who are looking for a home away from home, this might be a good option.

You can't walk to anything... Need to drive so this is a good option for families on a budget looking for a week or at least a few days away from home. Again remember this is a townhouse not a hotel or a serviced apartment.

The cleanliness is good..compared to similar type accomodation. Service is good during office hours. Not a hotel so don't expect any service express. You will need to go to the office when they are open for any assistance.

I didn't have any complaints. Would consider this in future if I am looking for something similar. They have good 3 bed room units with waterfront (canal) view and access.

Overall an average place which will not dissappoint if you are consider value.

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank MJ707
Goulburn, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2012

I found Sailfish Cove by purchasing a accommodation voucher on ebay. It had the cheapest rate for up to 6 people (there are 5 of us) for 7 nights - $650 for a 3 bedroom apartment. I couldn't even get that for a onsite cabin at a tourist park!

The reception staff are lovely and helpful. Offered us a second set of keys if we required them. Also offered some help with things to do and where to go shopping etc.

The unit itself, whilst a little dated in its decor and furnishings, is perfectly acceptable. Our unit probably needed a new coat of paint, but it's the same as my house so I don't care!! LOL! Everything is provided in terms of dishwasher, washing machine, dryer, all cooking and eating utensils. The only complaint with the kitchen I had was the little oven which didn't really cook too well.

There is a air con on the ground floor and ceiling fans in every room. The beds were a little on the hard side, but you can't please everyone with that sort of thing.

We stayed for a week and had no dramas with any residents, the pools are great and clean, and the spa is just heavenly!

Location wise is about 20 minutes from the theme parks, 15 minutes from surfers paradise. Shopping centres are close by, either Robina or Pacific Fair. A car is advisable.

Will definately be looking to stay here again, such great value for money!

Room Tip: We booked a 3 bedroom, and automatically got river frontage.