“Cheap if on budget”
Review of Sailfish Cove

Sailfish Cove
Reviewed 28 November 2011

First of all to the reviews i have read on here about this place NEED a REALITY check it is a budget place to stay if u are taking ur family and are on a budget and live in the real world then u wont have a problem with it we are currently staying here and the staff have been great the only bad thing i can say about this place is the actuall tenants SOME of them are just FERAL and need to b kicked out the parents allow the kids to go in the pool area and run a muck the management is aware of this and are trying to do their best to resolve it otherwise this place does the job ....... yes the rooms need a upgrade but then that will mean we all have to pay more and im happy paying 1200 for 2 weeks for a family of 5!
the little cafe they have here has the best food and at great prices
end of day it does the job on a budget

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank chickieemelbourne
There are newer reviews for Sailfish Cove

Reviewed 9 November 2011

I am writing this as a longer-term tenant of Sailfish Cove.

Sailfish Cove is located about a 5-10 minute drive from Broadbeach and Burleigh Heads, bit further to Surfers but convenient to Robina Town Centre- however, you do need a car to get to most places.

The place holds 200+ units, containing a mix of permanent residents, Bond University students and holiday makers. The units are a little dated but would do well for a family holiday, the two pools are quite nice but the units have no phones and the wireless internet connection is shocking.

Unfortunately my big issue with this place is to do with the management. Upon arrival here I discovered that the unit I was paying rent for was still occupied by it's previous owners. They supplied me with alternate accommodation but it took 2.5 weeks for me to finally move in (not what you want when you are just starting uni). In the leadup to arrival, I was told my unit would be overlooking the pool- instead, it is actually located next to the road. I have been here for a few months now and am still not certain if the promised cleaning is supposed to occur weekly, fortnightly or monthly having been told different things by different members of staff, and having received inconsistent cleaning anyway. Tomorrow I am going to the office as according to my housemate they seem to be under the impression the unit will be available at the end of the semester- however I have a lease signed for well into the near year.

With a bit of updating this place has plenty of potential. However, in its current state I cannot recommend it to either students or holidaymakers.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 August 2011

We had an extended family holiday and booked out three apartments. On check-in they mixed up the payments. The units are outdated and need a thorough clean. Blinds were broken, some lights didn't work and the dishwasher set off the electrical safety switch. Beds were uncomfortable. The permanent residents hate holiday makers - one yelled at us for not parking correctly while we unloaded our baggage. Our car with two baby seats got towed on a Saturday morning (without warning!) while temporarily parked on a grass area, not blocking anyone. If walking on foot, you have to wait for a car to come so you can exit the property (only residents are given a swipe card). Also no phone in the unit. Too bad if there is an emergency! Reception is only open business hours.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank chanandbeth
Reviewed 1 August 2011

We had a lovely stay here. I went with my mum and my daughter and we stayed for 3 days. Our unit was clean and comfortable. Unlike other reviews we found Sailfish to be very quiet. We didn't really use the pools though as we were out nearly every day and there were time restrictions on when the pools could be used. I found the reception staff to be very friendly, and although we checked in when the office was closed we were given clear instructions on how to retrieve our keys. The only problem I could see, was the distance from things. However if you are willing to use the local public transport, there is a bus stop a few metres from the entrance, and if you get a timetable you should be fine to get around quite easily. I found the bus driver was even nice enough to drop us right at the entrance on the way back to our accommodation. We are going back again this year for our second time!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank skrapkat
Reviewed 30 May 2011

We traveled to Queensland for our family holiday in March 2011. All in total we had 4 families staying at Sailfish Cove. Upon arrival all our rooms were not ready to check in, which was ok and went shopping. 2 Hours later still 1 of 4 rooms was still not ready (this was 2 hours after check in time) and there was one cleaner working while another was sitting on the sofa drinking (alcohol).
1st night there was unforgettable, our units were opposite the managers unit where they were having a party that night. usual party noise was no great concern but when one of the families went out to their car they found it had been smashed, jumped upon by an underage drinker from the party. (see pic attached), the scary part about this is that the managers knew of this 1 hour prior of us finding out about and failed to contact us about it and seeing the damage that was done why they even failed to call the police.
So alot of crap from us contacting police (which when they arrived told us this area is known for this kind of trouble) insurance companies as well as organizing a rental car for the family involved, basically saw our first 2 days of our holidays stuck on telephones, in offices and waiting for police and tow trucks to sort this mess out. Also over the 10 days of our stay we came across another 2 families where their cars had been broken into over night.
We finally got things sorted out did the normal family holiday stuff over the next 8 days.
Our room was decent, plenty of room but the appliances were so outdated. The resort pools were used alot by our families but maintenance is greatly over looked with many things in and around the pool area needed some attention.
Security gates are present but only worked for half of our holiday and then remained open at all times so why bother having them, also a security guard is present in the night times but only allowed to do what he is told by the managers.
The location of Sailfish Cove is ok but only if you have a car to get around in.
Sadly what could of been a excellent holiday for our 4 families turned out below average and i can confidently say i will not be ever staying there again.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank mayergeoff

Been to Sailfish Cove? Share your experiences!