“"Thank you"”

Good for: Romantic, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 28 December 2010

Dear Abbey and Staff,

Sorry this has taken so long to write to you all. However, we just wanted to say “Thank you” so much. We could not have asked for a more perfect day. The food, service and set up of the reception was beyond our expectations! We loved everything! We also had some amazing feedback from guests and family too so again........... “Thanks you, Thank You”

Simone and Adrian x (our wedding day 14/08/10)

1  Thank Simone-adrian

Reviewed 24 December 2010

Obviously the last reviewer was at a different place than me. The family who own & run the restaurant are lovely. The service is always great, staff are friendly. The al a carte menu is fantastic and best of all is the dessert. Who could want more while enjoying the lovely view of Currumbin Beach.

Get there... its great!

1  Thank dogday10
Reviewed 16 December 2010

Hi, I had my wedding reception at this restaurant last week and I am so disappointed with the level of service that we received that I feel compelled to let others know. The woman that now runs this restaurant, and her mother, who unfortunately was serving food on the day of our wedding, have many lessons to learn about customer service and hospitality if they are to survive as a wedding venue at Currumbin. From the minute we arrrived for our lunchtime wedding reception they were sour-faced and surly, and were appallingly rude to many of our guests, as well as my husband. On top of the bad attitude and service we received, the cocktail menu failed to inpsire or satisfy our guests, many of whom were expecting more food to come, and left the party hungry. This was after the owner assuring me that there would be plenty of food for everyone- there definitely was not. They also refused to play any of our well-chosen music to any level that was barely audible. Every time one of my guests asked if the music could be turned up, they were told off in no uncertain terms. In all honesty, a large majority of our guests have made comment about all of this in the couple of days since our wedding, so I feel compelled to warn anyone contemplating having their wedding here to think again- there is too much competition at Currumbin beach and I know now that there are other venues doing everything so much better than this place. Scores- location 5/5, food 1/5, service 0/5.

3  Thank Lyndadiner
Reviewed 7 December 2010

Holidaying with friends at Currumbin. Chose this place after reccomendation from propieters of our accomodation - Sand Castles. Wet night and restaurant was very quiet but what a pleasant surprise when we sampled our delicious meals. Good variety - our table had rib eye on the bone, snapper, venison, lamb cutlets and whiting - all supurb. Deserts were a treat!!! Spotless facilities, excellent service and great location on the pool and beach.

1  Thank SteveJo33
Reviewed 29 April 2009

I came here with one of my girlfriends mid week last year and we had always heard good reviews about this place they have won awards for their meals but we were not impressed. The service was very slow it took a very long time for us to get our order taken and longer for the food, i think we were the only people there too. My friend had endless muscles and they were pretty watery and plain, my steak was overcooked and I was generally not impressed. You dont get to look out to a view here either, i recommend going down to the Elephant rock cafe you wont be dissapointed.

1  Thank Panky82