“Good food”

Add it.
Texas Char-Grill
Ranked #42 of 65 Restaurants in Labrador
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Food is good but their chip serving sizes are small for what you pay, menu options are standard, nothing special.

Reviewed 16 August 2017 via mobile

Detailed version of events follow. Warning: not for the faint hearted or easily bored.

Tried this 'establishment' 3 times, third time being tonight. First two times service was pushy at best and food what you would pick up at the footy field tuck shop. We ( 1 xfemale & 1x male), felt like ribs and those aren't bad, so decided to try for the third time. Male Staff Member (MSM) rushing the decision process and speaking to me in loud tone. MSM confirms order back to me and when I correct him, was met with impatient muttering. Female staff member (FSM) advises (after we had paid),no gravy left because they sold out and "it's close to closing time, so..." , offers alternative sauce for 2 x chicken rolls. I decide, based on that information, I don't want a chicken roll anymore and ask if it is possible that I don't get it. FSM blinks at me and turns back to continue preparing food. MSM offers 'specials' to 2 x white males that enter after us, yet had not offered the specials to us. My partner stands up to look, comments on how he 'missed out on the specials' and agrees to $6.00 for half chicken with MSM . Lack of communication between staff means that FSM has not told MSM that we are no longer getting 1 x chicken roll - $.10 difference from $6.00 agreed for half chicken. MSM then advises that if he knew we were only getting one chicken roll, he would not have offered the half chicken for $6.00. I asked if we had not spent enough, as we had spent over $30.00 before we were offered 'specials' that 2 x white males offered as soon as they enter. MSM advises not to worry about it. When the food was ready, FSM puts food into an uber eats bag and leaves it on the counter and did not say a word to us. MSM comes out and points at the bag and then at us and advises that our food is ready. We take our food and leave, I debate with myself over whether I give feedback or not and decide to walk back in and I hear the back-end of a derogatory comment about my partner and I from MSM, and white male customers laughing along at the joke that we were not privy to. I ask FSM if she is the owner and she advises that she is not. I tell her, every time we have gone there, service is substandard. FSM then distracted by 2 x white males and I continue to speak and advise FSM of my whereabouts as I had lost her attention. FSM quizzes me about what she did, I advise she was rude & listed previous points about substandard service, she tells me that what I have said is not true. I advise her that I am telling her so that the business can grow and get better. I wish FSM all the best for the business and leave.

I will never be spending my money here again, and would not recommend that anyone else spends theirs, there, either.

Reviewed 21 April 2016 via mobile

Been to Texas Char-Grill quite a few times over the last 2 years and love it!! I just tried the ribs for the first time last week and they were delicious! They weren't dry and the marinade on them was to die for. Pair them with a potato bake instead of chips and you will be in heaven. My husband swears by the Texas roundup burger and we always get a couple of lasagne toppers, which are delicious. There's nothing fancy about the food here, just good, filling and tasty! Always a treat eating here.

Reviewed 8 July 2015 via mobile

I have been here on several occasions just for a chiko roll or the great chicken coleslaw they offer.
I think on every occasion I have seen people getting a full or half set of ribs.

Unfortunately when I eat ribs I go to town and wanna make a mess.

I never had the opportunity but they are on my radar.
I live lically and see plenty of regulars here.

For takeaway style food hook in.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

Hi I Had the best burger with chips for a very reasonable price. Cooked fresh on an open flame grill. My partner had the BBQ ribs which were awesome. Best Marinade ever. Worth the trip to visit Texas at Labrador. Quick service