This was our third visit to Turtle Beach Resort and was unfortunately the worst. The facilities are great, no problem there, the pools and gardens are very well kept and clean. The room we stayed in was another story. Room 92. Not enough furniture for our five family members, only seating for 4, balcony furniture, cheap white plastic table with 2 chairs when there should be 4, not enough cutlery or cooking utensils,no oven trays, unit not cleaned very well, lounge chairs made of material that was very smelly and dirty, When my husband enquired about getting a few more chairs he was told that the units were privately owned and there was nothing they could do. Then to top it all off, we had a family next to us and below us who were smoking some awful stinky type of cigarette all day, so we had to keep our windows and doors closed so it didnt drift in and nearly choke us. It is obvious that the owners of this unit do not like to spend any money on it, but i would have thought that there would be certain standards and equipment and furnishings that had to be adhered to by the owners, especially when charging top dollar during the christmas break. The only reason I have given a average rating is because the facilities for my two grandchildren were great, if it was just for the apartment it would be terrible.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Turtle Beach Resort provides premier family accommodation set in a sub-tropical oasis just 300 metres to the beach. Truly a relaxing holiday home, the resort offers spacious one, two and three bedroom fully self contained apartments in a 3 storey walk up complex (please note we do not have lifts on site). Facilities include flat screen televisions and complimentary Foxtel channels. All apartments have balconies and terraces that overlook tropical greenery and manicured gardens. Take advantage of the extensive recreational facilities including 4 separate swimming areas with a mix of lagoon and lap swimming pools, waterslide, spa's, adults only pool and spa, Putt'n Around* our 15 hole themed putt-putt course, children's playground, 2 saunas, floodlit tennis court*, fitness room, games room*, 8 BBQ areas and FREE WiFi access. For those who prefer a slower pace, soak up the relaxed poolside atmosphere or send the kids to the cinema theatrette. Enjoy a woodfired pizza at our onsite restaurant 'The Deck' or pick up supplies at our onsite convenience store 'Fresh' which features a wide range of grocery items and an internet cafe. Turtle Beach Resort has designed a holiday program especially for the kids, packed with lots of fun activities to compliment our facilities. Club Turtle* is for kids aged four to twelve inclusive where they can choose to sit in and watch or join in the pre-arranged activities including creative art and craft sessions, big screen Wii interactive games, an Xbox only designated room for the game players, as well as party theme nights with Disco and Movies screenings. Our Exciting water playground 'Splash Zone" features 4 water slides, 2 toddler slides, dumping bucket, water cannons and lots more. Book for your family and friends..They will love you for it! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Turtle Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Turtle Beach Hotel Mermaid Beach
- Sands Turtle Beach Hotel
- Sands Turtle Beach Mermaid
- Turtle Beach Resort Gold Coast
- Turtle Beach Resort Mermaid Beach, Gold Coast