We stayed at the resort for 5 nights over Christmas. I've never had to ask to change rooms during any other hotel stay before but the first apartment that we were allocated had clearly been smoked in. In particular the bedroom where my kids were to sleep.
The bedspreads and curtains in the bedroom reeked of cigarette smoke and more generally smelt dirty and stale. The cleanliness more generally in this apartment was also questionable with food scraps and grease in the microwave. While the staff at the front desk did provide us with a different room, there was a general insistence that the smoke smell just wasn't that bad. Dirty, smoke impregnated bedding was not what I was planning on my kids sleeping in on holiday!
The new apartment had also clearly been smoked in but they had tried harder to remove the smell...
This is by far the biggest issue for me with a resort which is aimed at families but which does not properly enforce the no smoking status of rooms.
Otherwise the kids loved the playgrounds and waterside.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Turtle Beach Resort provides premier family accommodation set in a sub-tropical oasis just 300 metres to the beach. Truly a relaxing holiday home, the resort offers spacious one, two and three bedroom fully self contained apartments in a 3 storey walk up complex (please note we do not have lifts on site). Facilities include flat screen televisions and complimentary Foxtel channels. All apartments have balconies and terraces that overlook tropical greenery and manicured gardens. Take advantage of the extensive recreational facilities including 4 separate swimming areas with a mix of lagoon and lap swimming pools, waterslide, spa's, adults only pool and spa, Putt'n Around* our 15 hole themed putt-putt course, children's playground, 2 saunas, floodlit tennis court*, fitness room, games room*, 8 BBQ areas and FREE WiFi access. For those who prefer a slower pace, soak up the relaxed poolside atmosphere or send the kids to the cinema theatrette. Enjoy a woodfired pizza at our onsite restaurant 'The Deck' or pick up supplies at our onsite convenience store 'Fresh' which features a wide range of grocery items and an internet cafe. Turtle Beach Resort has designed a holiday program especially for the kids, packed with lots of fun activities to compliment our facilities. Club Turtle* is for kids aged four to twelve inclusive where they can choose to sit in and watch or join in the pre-arranged activities including creative art and craft sessions, big screen Wii interactive games, an Xbox only designated room for the game players, as well as party theme nights with Disco and Movies screenings. Our Exciting water playground 'Splash Zone" features 4 water slides, 2 toddler slides, dumping bucket, water cannons and lots more. Book for your family and friends..They will love you for it! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hooroo Pty Ltd, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Turtle Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Turtle Beach Hotel Mermaid Beach
- Sands Turtle Beach Hotel
- Sands Turtle Beach Mermaid
- Turtle Beach Resort Gold Coast
- Turtle Beach Resort Mermaid Beach, Gold Coast