“Great value highly recommend ”
Review of Sunburst Motel

Sunburst Motel
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 26 December 2016 via mobile

Had a great few days here over Christmas, it's cheap, it's clean, the husband and wife team that run the joint are fantastic, I would highly recommend this place to anyone
Thankyou for making our stay in the Gold Coast more pleasurable

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Reviewed 13 November 2016

We stayed for one night. Its not the type of place we would usually stay in but accommodation was scarce on the Coast this weekend and we only wanted to a place to sleep.
Check-in was quick even though there were about 4 guests checking in at the same time. The room is quite compact but covered the 3 most important things - Clean, Comfortable and Quiet.
Although small and dated, the room was impeccably clean. The beds were comfortable and we had a great sleep. The motel was fully booked this weekend but with the door closed we didn't hear a thing from another room, or even the main road outside. The shower itself was spacious, the water pressure was great and the water hot.
The only things I would note, and they're very minor, is that it would be great to have a thicker bathmat because the bathroom floor can get quite wet (but then again my husband is like a cyclone in the shower and water goes everywhere) and the carpark can be a bit tricky with a big car when the carpark is filled with a lot of other big cars. It didn't help that there was a boat and 2 other 4WD parked in front (non-designated parking areas) but that's the fault of other inconsiderate guests, not the motel management.
Overall, for my tastes its a bit small to stay more than one night but we were really happy with it. So very clean and quiet. The managers have supplied a lot of equipment in the rooms for those that may like to self-cater and while the rooms aren't serviced daily (unless requested) its understandable when the rates are at the budget end of the scale. Very nice little establishment and handy to all necessary services (service station, eating places, chemist).

p.s. the compendium says there is free Wi-Fi. It didn't work for me but really not an issue I was concerned with.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank MadeInOz
Reviewed 25 September 2016 via mobile

We stayed here for one night before moving on to our holiday basic accommodation but for one night it has all you need. The manger and family are friendly and nothing a problem. Best part is this motel is pet friendly we could have our dog with us.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank reyrey81
Reviewed 18 September 2016

Firstly an agreed point, the young lady in reception when I arrived was most pleasant but I never saw anyone else again in two days.
I don't agree that it is cheap and cheerful; not for almost $140 per night, but that's not the end of it. I booked 10 days in advance through Booking.com. Most often cancellation is free of any penalty up to one day before check in. This mob did not even allow an hours grace; my card was charged and no refund was possible. They "kindly" sent me a tax invoice next day. So if you ignore my advice and choose to stay here. you have been warned
Rooms are not serviced for guests staying two nights or more. For my second night I had to use yesterdays part used tiny soap tablet as only one was supplied.
The air conditioner is a window rattler that is fairly new and mercifully doesn't rattle but the fan is noisy, It is however located in the bathroom.Go figure that!
Little niceties such as shampoo and tissues are not supplied but may be available for purchase from reception.
Mugs for tea and coffee are not supplied just very small cups in which you beverage of choice gets cold in just a few minutes. For Pete's sake you can buy mugs for a dollar each from many places.
You can see that this is not my first review, and if you check my history you will see that I am an experienced traveller and that I try to make my reviews honest and fair so with that in mind I promise you that I will never stay here again.
I get the impression that the owners/managers are inexperienced and if so they need to go and check out the competition.
The highway is very busy so be careful when pulling into the driveway.
I will end on a positive note---this is being uploaded with their free Wi-Fi.

Room Tip: Find another motel
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank Pioneer18
Reviewed 17 September 2016

We had booked into the The Sunburst Motel for an overnight stay to attend an early morning meeting the next day.
We were seamlessly checked in by a very friendly Manager who told us she was new to the area.
The room contained a very comfortable Queen bed with comfortable pillows and a Single bed, Bar Fridge, flat screen TV. A bench with two chairs and tea/coffee making facilities..
The bathroom was at the back of the room with the toilet to one side and shower on the other. A hand basin was just up from the toilet.
The room was spotlessly clean.
We were a bit concerned that the room may be noisy as it is on a busy road BUT there was no traffic noise to be heard.
There are plenty of Restaurants close by. It is a short drive to the Theme Parks and Harbour Town Outlet Centre.
It is a short walk to the Broadwater and Southport and Surfers Paradise are also close.
The room could do with a make over as it is quite dated, but as the Managers had only been there for two weeks I am sure that improvements will made.
All in all it was a great Motel to stay in.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled on business
1.7 km away
Jadran Motel & El Jay Holiday Lodge
10.7 km away
Mercure Gold Coast Resort

Been to Sunburst Motel? Share your experiences!